• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Bare Eyed girl is growing fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cathy AZ

Walking the driveway
Awwww..... your bare eyed baby is so cute. I just purchased a BE2 and he is 2 years old. I can't wait to take my clown home. I want to do a DNA test to confirm he is a male.

JLOCKHART29

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Beautiful baby girl! Make sure she is allowed to fly and learn to. Best not to clip until almost a year of age, if you choose to clip.

I have a few BIG cages from Kathie. They're A&E. She sells some BIG BIG cages!:D
I really wish they wouldn't clip her but with their set up they have to. They do wait till she is flying well to do it but then move her to the main room for the day. This is a second generation bird only store where the birds are kept out all day on trees and stands and can interact with each other and people as long as they get along. With this situation they clip them so they don't fly out door or to a aggressive parrot stand and get hurt. They are clipping her as little as possible for me as I will allow her to free flight in the house once I get her as my Nanday was. That is the one thing I don't like about the situation. I like the fact that she was raised part by her parents and the socializing she will get with other birds and people. Just wish she was flighted.

JLOCKHART29

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
A quick question. One inch spacing for bars would be good for at a Bare Eyed right. That cage comes in one inch and 5/8. Thanks!

Kia

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jennylyn
You can use 1" and or 3/4" with that size Too. Our Goffin is in bar spacing of 3/4". I personally think the size of the cage itself needs to be atleast 46 wide or bigger. Smaller toos love to play. The locks on the cage is also very important.

JLOCKHART29

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Thanks! One inch was what I was going to order but I didn't want to take a chance for her to the get her head stuck threw the bars.:eek:

Evelyn

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Evelyn
Beautiful baby , love the cage ! Congrats !:)

Status
Not open for further replies.