• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New baby tort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypancistrus

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lauren
Tara and I went to the Hamburg Reptile show today. We rehomed three of our former breeder ball pythons with a friend, and also found a lovely little Sulcata tortoise to add to our educational program. She was hatched in August of this year and is currently palm sized. Sulcatas grow very slowly (1-2" per year) but when she is fully grown, she will be about 20" long and will weigh as much as a fully grown adult human. At that point she will need outdoor accomodations, but for now she's going to be in a 20 long.

Here is a photo. We named her Lucille.

Attachments

Last edited:

hsmoscout

Rollerblading along the road
Sorry, but if we're not members of the corn snake forum it's uploaded to we can't see the pic...
Will you please upload it here?

RandomWiktor

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ren
Oh, I was at Hamburg too today - incidentally my boyfriend got a tegu for OUR education program. Small world.

Can't wait to see pics of your new lil dude :)

Hypancistrus

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lauren
Sorry, but if we're not members of the corn snake forum it's uploaded to we can't see the pic...
Will you please upload it here?
Hmm... I did not know that! I will try and upload it here. Okay, I think I got it. Let me know if it doesn't show up. Also, not the greatest pic because our camera is down at the moment. It's a cell pic!

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Aww. What a cutie! I love tortoises. I dream of one day having one. Probably not a Sulcata though.

Sharpie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
She's a cutie!

Status
Not open for further replies.