• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need some Opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Wishing you the best at finding the right solution.:hug8:Tell DH to stop being a Bu--!:p

crazyanimal

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Delta
I agree, another friend is suitable. How much bother could another little budgie be. Will he divorce you if you go get another??? If the answer is no, then go get one, he'll get over his anger. I wouldn't normally encourage this but I agree with the others that the little one needs a friend for their well being.

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
For now, no more scary incidents...Calypso has been laying off Archie and has turned her attentions to Elvis. He tolerates Calypso. I think mainly because he's not quick enough to shoo her off or chase her, but she doesn't pick on him either, and I know little Elvis needed a friend that wasn't going to pick on him to boost his confidence. I don't think they particularly like each other, but they are safe company.

Calypso is only allowed out of her cage now when its completely supervised. I'm really going to watch her this week, and if she seems to be leaving Archie alone, I know he will leave her alone, and that goes for Ella too, and all shall be well in the bird room world :). But, if she is going over there and pestering him and trying to pick at him...in the wake of what happened to Allison's Harper, I most likely will rehome Calypso to a place where she wouldn't be exposed to larger parrots. I would never think Archie would actually hurt her, but then Allison never though Kei would do what he did either. When pushed too far, the bigger birds are definitely a threat to the little ones, and I would fear for Calypso's safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.