• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need quick input on cage design

Status
Not open for further replies.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
May only be able to afford one cage at a time if I proceed with my contract. Should i make the new cage taller as planned when both were being constructed together? Or keep old and new identical? Difference of 4" interior height. New is 32", old is 28", no worries about that....just the hodgepodge of heights is making me :huh:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
how much time in between replacing the two cages?

I would opt for taller, knowing that down the road they would match in height again

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
What are the heights of the cages they are in now, the 28"? If you are getting the new ones one at a time, and you opt for the taller 32"... that means there will be a period in between when one of them will have a taller cage than the other. Will they like that?? :huh:

Merlie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ditto what GG said, if you're going to order the second cage in the future.

trout

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bobby
Always go bigger, lol.

It's better that you deal with the height difference, then get a cage that's not as tall as you want.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
ok thanks guys!
i have been going around in circles since 6 AM on this :faint:

should have asked you guys at 7 AM :eek::eek:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
What are the heights of the cages they are in now, the 28"? If you are getting the new ones one at a time, and you opt for the taller 32"... that means there will be a period in between when one of them will have a taller cage than the other. Will they like that?? :huh:
the all important grate will still be at 22" above the floor. just the dome will be 4" higher. I'll keep all the perches at the same relative height as now, so it will work i am confident.
thanks for the input all!:D

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I agree that I would keep them both at 32 inches if this is what you're original plans were.:cool1:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I agree that I would keep them both at 32 inches if this is what you're original plans were.:cool1:
wasn't the width that was in question Saemma :)
Temporarily differing widths will not bother them, though the new one is deeper too (32x24). My sense of symmetry was being offended by the temporary mismatch in heights andI needed a clearer perspective :p

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
wasn't the width that was in question Saemma :)
Temporarily differing widths will not bother them, though the new one is deeper too (32x24). My sense of symmetry was being offended by the temporary mismatch in heights andI needed a clearer perspective :p

Ah!! It seems to me that the parrots in your flock have an aptitude for enjoying the *entirety* of their cages. I think the taller the better!! :dance4:jmho

Kathie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
I say go with the taller one. You will wish you had done that when working on the second cage. The bigger - the better! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.