1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

need help to identify this fish or to have a link to a good fish site

Discussion in 'Aqua Park' started by allen, 8/16/14.

1. allen

allen Jogging around the block

fish 1.jpg fish 2.jpg fish 3.jpg ok after resealing the 75 gallon tank i set it all up and did a quick cycle put these fish in it as they were in a 30 gallon i then noticed the female turning a bright orange i said to myself they are going to have young and lord behold there must be about 75-100 young fry but i need help to

Jazzy* likes this.
  2. waterfaller1

waterfaller1 Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

carole
    Look up jack dempseys, or cichlids

3. waterfaller1

waterfaller1 Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

carole
  4. ArowanaLover

ArowanaLover Sprinting down the street

That is not a jack demspey those are much darker, my best guess would be a jewel cichlid.

painesgrey likes this.
  5. ESR

ESR Meeting neighbors

Definitely a cichlid; be watchful, they tend toward the cannibalistic.

6. ArowanaLover

ArowanaLover Sprinting down the street

Every carnivorous fish is a cannibal. Territorial might be a better word. Most cichlids have large territories, the best thing to do is keep one aggressive cichlid per small tank (or a lot, if you overwhelm the fish, no one can claim a territory). South American cichlids are supposed to be good parents, best of luck with the babies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)