• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need help about traveling cage and sweaters

Lovemybudgies4

Strolling the yard
Hi everyone,
Hope y'all are fine as well as your feathered friends. Well I need your best help as possible. Well my aunt is looking for the best/good portable cage/traveling cage for her African Grey not sure if he is Congo or not so please help me by suggesting the best traveling cage that is easy to create and not too expensive as they travel sometimes short trips like 1 or 2 hours of drive and sometimes long travels like 6 hours max. Also, she is looking for the good sweaters/jackets for her African Grey if you guys can suggest any?
Thanks everyone for your help in advance.

bluedawg

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Mary Murphy
Hi, My favorite carrier by far is the Wingabago. You can get it here: PlayfulParrot The small one is the perfect size for my Grey Dayo. I don't know about sweaters :) You might email them and ask if they have any with "blems", a small defect that you wouldn't even notice, but you can get it at a discount. Also if you are in a very warm climate you can opt for the stainless door to allow more ventilation.

Last edited:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
It may cost more, but I love the Kings Carriers. I didn't like the Wingabago because plastic holds heat. If it's in a pile of sunshine in the car.....

atomicfriday

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Shannon
IMG_1256.JPG I'll have to get a photo of mine and I don't know where you would get it (mine came with the bird) but it's worked perfectly for us. Toby gladly steps into it every time he is asked, he loves going for rides! The wire sides are ideal for ventilation, and I can even fit a pinkie for a scratch here and there.