• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need help about some stuff for budgies

Lovemybudgies4

Strolling the yard
Hi everyone,
Hope y'all are doing well as well as your feather friends. Have been busy with visiting my aunt in the hospital and grandpa and now my aunt is at home but still on oxygen and her health is still better but goes up and down and when that happens she has to go to ER. My grandpa is transferred to Nursing home and is doing well. Sorry for short story but please keep them in your prayers especially my aunt as she is diagonosed with stage 4 cancer. I would appreciate all your prayers.
Anywho, as I've been busy with my busy work schedule and my sister gets tired of taking care of house chores as I'm not home that time so we needed your little help about food chopper. Yes, my mom already bought food chopper last year and one month ago she gave us to try that to chop the boiled veggies for our little feather friends but it was epic fail as they eat very fine chopped veggies but that chopper made it thick paste. So we (my sister and I) would like to know what food chopper do you use that can finely chop veggies and not make those veggies into thick paste like our's did?
Also what hand vaccumm do you guys use to clean bird's food and feather mess for everyday cleaning and like and if possible how long you've been using and if that's still can be purchased? How does the charge/battery last and how long do you have to charge that? I also bought one which is very common now in our area and bought from Kohl's but that was epic fail too. We had to charge for 16 hours for first time before use and after that how long we should charge that it didn't had that information stated and it worked for only hardly 10 minutes after first 16 hours of charge so we returned that. Also wanted to know which steamer vaccumm do use suggest/use for cage cleaning and how often that can be used and can it be used on the small bird cages too? What should be I looking for when buying steam vaccumm for cleaning bird cages?
We would really/truley appreciate if you guys can help us about these especially the food chopper and hand vaccumm as we're really in need for those.
Thank you so much everyone from us. God bless. :fairy: :budgie::budgie8::budgie2:

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
It might help if you fed fresh vegetables instead of cooked ones...

I only use corded vacuums, so I guess no comment there?

I have a Wagner steam cleaner, but I know some people love the Shark steamer. As long as the cages are made well, it should be fine to use on any cage. Only concern is if the paint isn't that good, and the steamer chips it off. *USUALLY* not an issue!

Hopefully, things get a little easier for you! Sounds like a lot of stress lately. :hug8:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
We only do fresh veggies, so they run through the food processor without becoming mush. As for vacuum I use a shop vac, but used a shark for several years without issue. And for the steamer I also use the Wagner. :)

Lovemybudgies4

Strolling the yard
Any links for the ones you guys mentioned? I once tried the fresh veggies to chop but still it was fail. Which food processor do you use and on what settings/level? Do you add any water or not at all while putting that into food processor?
Thanks all. I would appreciate y'all prayers as now she is in ICU and we're praying that she can make it to tomorrow so she can met/see 2 of my aunts tomorrow eve as they'll arrive that time as they're traveling to come here all the way from our homeland (from other country).

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I chopped a lot of stuff up by hand, unless I'm feeling lazy. Can't remember what food processor I use off hand (not mine...), but will say that you want to use "dry" vegetables. Rinse and clean your veggies, but make sure that you pat them dry or remove as much moister from them as you can. (salad spinner?) No need to add water!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
If you add water, you're going to end up with baby food. The dryer the better, but I don't ever do anything special. I do one veggie at a time because they chop at different rates, and if you do something hard like carrots with something softer like green beans, you'll end up with mush. I have a $40 Hamilton Beach. I just pulse, not turn on. Pulse for 1 sec for like 5 seconds. Have also used a cheapo 1 cup chopper and a ninja blender with same results. Never have an issue.

Reggie

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Reggie
I use a hand chopper on my vegetables. It's the kind that you place the veggies underneath on the cutting board and smack down on the top. (I have no idea what it's called.)
For vacuuming up I also only use a corded vacuum - a Dyson Ball - and it works awesomely.
I don't use any kind of steamer on the cages, and I've never heard of that. Should I be using a steamer? What purpose does steaming the cages serve?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I use a hand chopper on my vegetables. It's the kind that you place the veggies underneath on the cutting board and smack down on the top. (I have no idea what it's called.)
For vacuuming up I also only use a corded vacuum - a Dyson Ball - and it works awesomely.
I don't use any kind of steamer on the cages, and I've never heard of that. Should I be using a steamer? What purpose does steaming the cages serve?

Steaming is good for dried crap :p

Reggie

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Reggie
OH HEY! That's actually really helpful! I wanted to move the budgies to Cooper's old cage and I was having a hard time figuring out how to get the dried crap off of it. I might be able to keep that cage! WOOT! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Lovemybudgies4

Strolling the yard
@Monica Thanks for best wishes but my aunt just passed away on wednesday March 8th, 2017. We all are still in shock and so much in pain of her sudden death as doctor told us that she isn't going to live more than 1 year but instead of 1 year she died just in 1 month of being sick so we didn't expected that to happen that soon. :crycry::crycry:

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
My condolences for your loss. :sadhug2:

Take some time to spend it with family and pets if you can.

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So sorry for your loss :sorrow:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran