• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need flat perch suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejoie

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
I'm going to be putting in some orders for flat perches.
Bernard is going to be getting a few toys amputated but there is also potential for him losing his foot and "ankle"
If it was just a few toys, it wouldn't be too hard, but things are definitely going to be harder on him if he was to lose his foot/ankle.

I'm open to all suggestions! I know there are many one legged birdies out there!!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
well do you remember Fletcher, our little crippled finch...we used a flat piece of plywood (we made sure it was at least 4 inches wide and the lenght of the cage..also sanded smooth so no splinters..) of course I know Bernard is a lot bigger than a finch but something like that might just work great..it sure made little Fletcher's life a lot easier..there are also reptile sites on line and even in local stores..I have seen very big flat perches in those sections that would work great.

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
I really like the flagstone perches from Bird on the Rocks. They are sturdy, easy to clean and you can get them for corners of the cage too. You can also order stainless steel hardware for them. So sorry Bernard may lose his toes or foot. Sending you hugs and Bernard healing prayers.

Merlie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Bird on the Rocks flagstones, and the Cajeput round "coffee table" perches are in all my cages. I also have some plain pine shelves I made myself, just untreated pine with hanger bolts and washers.

Status
Not open for further replies.