• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need Arizona Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big.Green.Chicken

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Anna
Does anyone live in Arizonia or know about it?

It has been suggested that Arizona will help my husband's health. He was badly injured and the Maryland winters make him almost unable to move.

We were looking at places around Phoenix. Gilbert and Scottsdale were suggested by a few people. I looked up rentals on Realtor.com and we can get a really nice place in AZ for the same that we pay here. I was suprised at just how many places there are for rent.

Is there enough water in Arizonia? I know in Southern California some of my family are worrying about the underground lakes that have gone dry.
What are the summer's like? We get up to 122 in the humidity. I don't think I could take hotter then that. Are the people relaxed? Uptight and in a hurry? Are there Earthquakes or tornados?

Any help would be appreciated. I am considering taking a trip out there to check out a few places but wanted opinions from people who lived there. Thank you:heart:

Anna

Leza

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
Does anyone live in Arizonia or know about it?

It has been suggested that Arizona will help my husband's health. He was badly injured and the Maryland winters make him almost unable to move.

We were looking at places around Phoenix. Gilbert and Scottsdale were suggested by a few people. I looked up rentals on Realtor.com and we can get a really nice place in AZ for the same that we pay here. I was suprised at just how many places there are for rent.

Is there enough water in Arizonia? I know in Southern California some of my family are worrying about the underground lakes that have gone dry.
What are the summer's like? We get up to 122 in the humidity. I don't think I could take hotter then that. Are the people relaxed? Uptight and in a hurry? Are there Earthquakes or tornados?

Any help would be appreciated. I am considering taking a trip out there to check out a few places but wanted opinions from people who lived there. Thank you:heart:

Anna
We are not running out of water :p

summers can get as hot as 120, but its usually about 110 mid july. I tend to avoid the heat, AC is awesome :cool: but this is also the "dry heat" so its not nearly as bad as humid heat. I came here from VA and thought the summers were great! And my hair hated the humidity there... :lol:

the heat is only from late may/early june til late august/early september. after that it is paradise for about 9 months straight!

we have smog here. not as bad as LA, and I dont notice.

no earthquakes, no tornadoes. we got a hail storm last fall, thats about as exciting as it gets. Literally, the sun is almost ALWAYS out. :cool1:

people are friendly, but there are too many CARS here! and OMG people are terrible drivers.... this has got to be the worst place for accidents. there is a car flipped over on the I-60 nearly daily and I'm not kidding.

Gilbert is a nice place, but I hear it is going down hill for some reason, same with Mesa, unfortunately turning a bit ghetto. :(

I live in glendale, but i would prefer to be further east towards scottsdale, just a nicer view.

My parents live in north phoenix, near the 51 and the 101 junction. there neighborhood is very nice!

oh, and cops. if you arent used to seeing alot of cops, get used to it. I actually feel a bit safer knowing that they are there at the ready. Let me know if your curious about anything else! :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.