• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need a vet recomendation for a 5th opinion for my sister's dog!

Crazy4parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
Lucy is a yorkshire terrier 10 years old, as many of you know in July of this year my sister lost her other dog suddenly due to a heart problem. So she immediatly took Lucy to check her for EVERYTHING! Blood work, Ultrasounds, X-rays, Chemestry panel, ECG. The bloodwork, X-rays, chemestry panel & ECG turned out all normal, this was 3 months ago and in the ultrasounds it showed the spleen had 2 lessions of less than 0.33 inches each so she was advised by her vet to wait if it grew, but now 3 months later 1 lession disappeared and the other is now 0.37 inches. The last ultrasound was done 2 days ago. All the other organs around the spleen are normal.

My sister has consulted 4 vets, 2 told her to take Lucy to surgery right away (Monday) the other 2 said dont do it, just wait (6 months) and see. She wants to consult a 5th vet and see what he/she thinks what is the best thing to do for Lucy's well being.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I hope your sister's dog is okay!

Crazy4parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
Well she just told me that she will wait 3 months and see what happens. She is hoping that the other lession will dissappear too. :/ I would have taken Lucy to surgery to avoid the risk of a possible maligne lession.

EkkieLuv

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Leslie
Being 10 years old I would wait and give supportive care rather than potentially unnecessary surgery. Refer her to Dog Cancer Supplements + Free Shipping: K-9 Immunity, K-9 Transfer Factor | K9Medicinals.com - they have excellent immune support for cancer dogs. My 14 year old schnauzer did very well on them after his tumor removal (malignant/anal gland carcinoma)! The vet gave him at most 3 months. He had 6 and felt really good up until the very end!! Even if your sister's dog does not have cancer, it won't hurt to start immune support! Best of luck to her and Lucy!

HyacinthWings

Walking the driveway
Real Name
June
If you can, I would start her dog on insurance that takes over previous conditions before starting the plan. :)