• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Nectar for Ringnecks

Status
Not open for further replies.

chompie_puppy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
I don't think many people realise that Indian Ringecks (and other birds in the Psittacula family) eat blossoms and nectar in the wild along with the usual grasses, seeds, pods, fruits and leaves.

Just because their tongues aren't adapted to eat nectar as well as Lorikeet tongues are adapted, doesn't mean they don't enjoy it immensly. :)

So I thought all you Indian Ringneck, Plum-headed Parakeet and Alexandrine owners might want to give it a try! :D

I just give Clopin some of the same nectar mix I give my Lorikeets. She adores it and gobbles it up straight away! :heart: This is also a good way to provide enrichment, variety and some good vitamins!

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
Thanks for the info Kelsey:hug8:Great Pics:)

KimKimWilliamson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
My God I forgot how pretty Clopin was :) :heart: Love Plum heads. My greenies...and yellow but would love to try this Im sure!
Where would I get some Lori Nectar? What is it called?
And if I wanted to give them fresh flowers and such, are there any toxic ones I shouldnt offer?

Thanks for the inspiration!

Mystics Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
Thanks Kelsey and Matt!!:D im goint to try the nectar on the Alexandrine(Gizmo)and the 2 ringnecks here(Meha and Paulie)

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
Now that just gave me an idea! :idea2: I'm always looking for something healthy to keep up Ceddy's syringe training ... hmmm ...

Status
Not open for further replies.