• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Naturasil for mites?

JMArena200

Moving in
Real Name
J M Arena
Hello!
I believe I somehow took home mites from somewhere.... I am getting bitten daily and have had pest control companies come to do inspections, but they have not found anything. Despite that, it seems these are invisible biting insects and it is a nightmare.

Has anyone used this product and found it safe for their cockatiels?

I also purchased essential oils but am afraid to use them in the room with my birds.

We have a vet appt as I believe whatever is biting me is biting them.

Nightmare! Appreciate any help! Thanks so much!!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
See what the vet says then if they agree there’s no mites then maybe consider checking if maybe you are having a reaction to bird dust.

I would not personally allow essential oils to be used around or on my birds. They can be very dangerous.

JMArena200

Moving in
Real Name
J M Arena
See what the vet says then if they agree there’s no mites then maybe consider checking if maybe you are having a reaction to bird dust.

I would not personally allow essential oils to be used around or on my birds. They can be very dangerous.

JMArena200

Moving in
Real Name
J M Arena
Thank you for your advice! I've never had this issue before and while tea tree and lavender oil help keep the bugs away when I'm not in my bird room, I am very hesitant to use anywhere near my babies.

So glad we are seeing the vet tomorrow! TY again!!