• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Natural sounds/white noise for Tiels at night

Curt D.

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Curtis
Has anyone tried using natural sounds or white noise for their Cockatiels at night? My boy Spike occasionally has night frights. I leave a light on for him at night and have even left his cage uncovered. They still occur from time to time. I was thinking maybe having something soothing playing for him nightly may help.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I think white noise might help, after all, quiet could mean danger. I have the humidifier going and I think that helps. It's worth a try!

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
@Curt D. yes I use some white noise for my bird once in awhile. before you start this, test the noises during the day to watch for one that is most soothing for your tiel. the set up I have has multi different sounds and some them freak Sweet Pea out big time. for my baby it's ocean waves, or rain. there are 3 different ones that are birds chirping, crickets singing, night on the lake with loon calls. forget those 3, Sweet Pea doesn't rest, she chirps at the birds, talks to those crickets and the loon one she had night fright.

Odin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
Here too, I cannot use the chirping birds because everyone wants to chime in... LOL I just have a fan on for "dull" noise. Although I am seriously thinking about putting an air filter in the bird room 24/7

Curt D.

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Curtis
I cannot use the chirping birds because everyone wants to chime in
before you start this, test the noises during the day to watch for one that is most soothing for your tiel.
If spike hears any other bird then my GCC Rex he starts chiming in too. Lol! YouTube, a random tweet tweet on a recording. It's hilarious. Doing sound tests is a great idea. I'll try that. As of now I do have small circulating fans that I use throughout my house. They don't really hum much though.