• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Nana's now a responsible homeowner

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
She pays her rent in kisses and bites.

Attachments

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
She's going to lay eggs in that cozy nest!

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
That is very very cute but in addition to possibly laying eggs, as @saroj12 said, I would also be worried that the house might be dangerous like those cozy huts that have killed numerous birds. I'm not sure cause I've never seen one of those houses but I'd be really careful that it's not getting chewed on or frayed.

Eta* I meant happy hut not cozy hut.

Last edited:

Perriewinkle

That is very very cute but in addition to possibly laying eggs, as @saroj12 said, I would also be worried that the house might be dangerous like those cozy huts that have killed numerous birds. I'm not sure cause I've never seen one of those houses but I'd be really careful that it's not getting chewed on or frayed.
You are right, but as long as the hut is checked frequently and any stray threads cut or bedding pulled, the huts last for awhile

Garet

Real Name
Garet
She's going to lay eggs in that cozy nest!
You think so? I don't have plans of putting it in her cage and only plan to let her play in it during the day, but if it's a problem, I'll just throw the toy at my dogs. It's really no biggie to me, tbh. I just thought it wouldn't be a problem if she has limited access.

Eta* I meant happy hut not cozy hut.
It's actually not a bird hut, so that's probably why you haven't seen it. It's a Zippy Paws. It came with squeaky gingerbread men plushies that your dogs are supposed to forage out of it, but my dogs were afraid of the house and didn't want to touch them. They're not made out of the same material on the inside that some squeaky dog stuffies are made out of to make them more durable. I'm not sure what it's called, but it's got a smoother texture. I've had them before, and they're pretty hard for my dogs to chew through.

Don't know why the seasonal one scared them so much, considering it's not that different from the one filled with little animals, but dogs are weird.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's a cute dog toy. I think it would be easy for her to pull on the threads and you would really need to be careful with that. Agree with the other posts that it is possible that the dark, cozy Zippy Paws could stimulate egg laying and you don't want that. Probably better to give it to your dogs. JMHO

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Cute! But yes, good chance it will induce egg laying and watch that she’s not chewing it.

LunaLovebird

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
You are right, but as long as the hut is checked frequently and any stray threads cut or bedding pulled, the huts last for awhile
That doesn't help with crop impaction from ingesting fibres, unfortunately. And even the most diligent person sometimes isn't enough. Lovebirds love to chew.

LunaLovebird

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
You think so? I don't have plans of putting it in her cage and only plan to let her play in it during the day, but if it's a problem, I'll just throw the toy at my dogs. It's really no biggie to me, tbh. I just thought it wouldn't be a problem if she has limited access.

It's actually not a bird hut, so that's probably why you haven't seen it. It's a Zippy Paws. It came with squeaky gingerbread men plushies that your dogs are supposed to forage out of it, but my dogs were afraid of the house and didn't want to touch them. They're not made out of the same material on the inside that some squeaky dog stuffies are made out of to make them more durable. I'm not sure what it's called, but it's got a smoother texture. I've had them before, and they're pretty hard for my dogs to chew through.

Don't know why the seasonal one scared them so much, considering it's not that different from the one filled with little animals, but dogs are weird.
I really would recommend getting rid of it. In addition to encouraging nesting, there is serious concerns of getting tangled in threads or impaction. It isn't worth the risk, imo.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Yes, please do not let your birds use anything or play with anything that has fibrous materials.

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Such an adorable photo op! I agree not to put it in her cage and to watch her very closely during use. :)

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
I guess the home owner's life wasn't for her, then. Sorry, Nana, you were always meant to be a free spirit. |D
It's a super cute photo though! Christmas card worthy :)

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I guess the home owner's life wasn't for her, then. Sorry, Nana, you were always meant to be a free spirit. |D
That made me :lol:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
I think you mean free loader :rofl::rofl:

Garet

Real Name
Garet
I think you mean free loader :rofl::rofl:
:p Hey, she's my official paper shredder, water tester, and pocket inspector. I wouldn't exactly call her a 'free loader'. Where else am I supposed to find someone who'll make sure my water tastes good, make sure my pockets are still there, AND shred all the papers I don't need anymore in exchange for spinach and kisses?