• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Nail Clipping

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
One thing hasn't changed and that's the knock down drag out of getting these two little monsters in their travel cage to get a nail clip. Yep we are heading to the vet (that is a change from SBF doing it) but she does a very good job and give them a quick look-see to make sure thay are doing OK.
I did pull a fast one on Team Green today. I let them out of their big cages and started scritching them and once Cheddar was all calm I threw a hand towel over him and popped him in his travel cage. BB went in much easier (Cheddar has always be the problem to catch!)
See when we get back. OH the other thing that changed on the nail clip is it's only 6 miles each way here vers 45 in Ohio! :dancing:

We made it back and Team Green were both good boys....yea the World will be coming to an end! She said they both looked good and their weights were the same as last time.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Yay!

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Aww pamper day even if they thought world was ending

WillowQ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
I need to clip Jasper’s nails and she is going to hold a grudge. She’s a little big to hold in a towel burrito and clip with the other hand.

I put a cement perch in front of her food dish but they’re still pretty long and a bit painful (for me).