• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My tiel gone aggressive ( or i think so )

Raminlich

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ramin
I've gone out for like 3 or 4 hours today when i returned my tiel gone aggressive or i think he is aggressive he bites everything aggressively he is like fighting with them ( he was fighting with a mug minutes ago lol ) .
although he still comes and sit on our shoulder or our hand and i can still pet his head but if im going to pet some where else he will bite.
his moves also are so sudden and fast for example he cleans himself so fast and its like he is on full alert always ...... just now that i'm writing this he did a fast fly around room for like 5 seconds.
however i did a change compared to past 2 days ago i was introducing him other foods to him but he didn't eat much and today i gave him his favorite food ( millet and sesame seeds ).
all of these leaves three question for me :
1- is he so much energetic because he ate a lot of his favorite food today ?
2- is he angry of my absence ? ( because we spent so much time together when i'm home )
3- or its anything else?

Thanks.

Raminlich

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ramin
one thing i forgot to mention he is 54 days old ( is there an edit option for posts here? i didn't find it)

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
How long have you had him? Is he fully weaned? 54 days old is very young for a cockatiel to be fully weaned. Maybe he’s hungry? Is he eating enough?

AutumnRain

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kelsey
As I'm sure you've noticed, with birds, the answers aren't always black and white. Sometimes you have to narrow things down by looking at all the possibilities. There could also be more than one reason for his behavior too, but since you said he didn't eat much in your post, as Tiel Feathers said, he may have just been hungry. Him being angry that you were gone is still a possibility as well.

Another thing to consider, would be whether he had a good night's sleep the night before. All birds, but especially baby birds, can get very irritable when they haven't slept well. Being overtired could also put him on high alert and make him a little more flighty than usual.

Raminlich

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ramin
How long have you had him? Is he fully weaned? 54 days old is very young for a cockatiel to be fully weaned. Maybe he’s hungry? Is he eating enough?
Yes i'm i'm sure he ate enough and he is not hungry and yes he is fully weaned and i have him for like 10 days.

Raminlich

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ramin
As I'm sure you've noticed, with birds, the answers aren't always black and white. Sometimes you have to narrow things down by looking at all the possibilities. There could also be more than one reason for his behavior too, but since you said he didn't eat much in your post, as Tiel Feathers said, he may have just been hungry. Him being angry that you were gone is still a possibility as well.

Another thing to consider, would be whether he had a good night's sleep the night before. All birds, but especially baby birds, can get very irritable when they haven't slept well. Being overtired could also put him on high alert and make him a little more flighty than usual.
Now that you said i'm little suspicious about his sleep, he usually sleep with us ( we sleep little late but also we wake up later ) but he will wake up sooner.
Do you think it will be good idea cover him though the night so that he get 10 hour solid sleep?

AutumnRain

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kelsey
Yes, definitely. Most birds do best with 10 to 12 hours of sleep a night. Also, because tiels are prone to night frights, if you haven't already, I would recommend putting a nightlight near his cage as well. This will help him so he won't get spooked and hurt himself. It should also help him be more relaxed while trying to fall asleep.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
No petting anywhere other than the head. Petting elsewhere means you want to make babies with your bird (*NOT* healthy!) or your bird sees that as a predatory thing.