• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My scaly kids featuring my two furry ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valvaren

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Dee
So I figured the best way for you guys to get to know me better would be to meet my children and yes they are my kids, I even refer to them as my kids in public, I get a lot of looks when people think I have 11 children at my age haha. I'm not really big on the idea of human children which I guess makes it sort of understandable why these guys mean so much to me in a way some people don't understand. If you have any questions feel free to ask, i'm going to post in order of bringing them home since I usually do it that way. Props to anyone who recognizes the names.

Kathilion (Thil for short) Bearded Dragon, excuse the beard lol she likes to use it as a flask for water :|

Fiddler, spca rescue (My only ever none feral cat out of the 12 i've had over my life)

Brood, my spider ball python, he's my baby due to his neurological issues

Pearl,pastel ball python, my show off, he knows when company is expected and gets all excited!

Anomander, normal boa contrictor, he looks evil but he is a sweetheart, never sits still

Andarist. Salmon Jungle boa constrictor, a serious sweetheart, not a mean bone in his body, I had to pull a tooth out that he had punctured through his gum while eating, he was manhandled by three of us and restrained not even a hiss or nothing. Beware though if you hold him while talking on the phone he will lash the phone to your head with his body.

Burn, my female brazilian rainbow boa, still only a baby but very calm and brave for her age, my only female snake so she has a special place amongst the boys :p

Burn's brother Quick Ben, my male brazilian rainbow boa, not as brave as his sister but we are getting there, he hates the camera! These two are only 8 months old but growing quick!

Kettle, she was found dumped in a dumpster, shes more dog then cat, she will lay on you and lick your face for as long as you let her.

Blind, female gargoyle gecko, at this point we had wanted a gecko for awhile, I bought her at an expo I vendored my reptile jewerlery at, made more then I ever expected and when we saw her we knew it was fate lol.

Venesara, crested gecko, Blind bit us with the gecko bug, we bought blind as a hatchling, she was only a month old when we got her and not much bigger then a penny. a few months after we got Venesara who was just over a year and a lot bigger, to help us get more confident with geckos as Blind is still very skittish and tiny.

So thats my group, I could go on forever about the babies lol but I wont haha, I hope you enjoyed meeting my family as much as I enjoy learning about yours!

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Beautiful animals. I just never got the warm cuddly feeling about reptiles. You obviously keep them in wonderful shape.

Valvaren

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Dee
Thank you brandy!

Thank you laurul! My mother used to be sick at pictures that was 3 years ago, now she's asks how the kids are doing more then she asks about me, when she visits she also spends more time with them haha

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
b eautiful zoo!!

FutureDVM

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ken
Nice looking critters! I also have snakes and used to have geckos. Your pictures are wonderful!

Tinta

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
What kind of neurological issues does Brood have?
I've never heard of the brazilian rainbow boa. They're beautiful! I love rainbows. :3

You should post some examples of your reptile jewelry art, I'm very curious about it now! :)

Last edited:

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
They're beautiful! Reptiles have always fascinated me. I love their eyes. :D

illuminati

Walking the driveway
I love all your snakes!! your Brazilian rainbow boa is awesome

TikiLola

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Alida(Aleeda)
:welcome: Dee & Zoo! Great pics of a gorgeous group of critters! I especially liked the pic of Pearl!

Valvaren

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Dee
Wow, loving the amount of feedback!! I'll try to get to everyones post!

Anne, FutureDVM,MoonChild thank you guys!

Tinta, Brood has what is dubbed the 'Wobble' its something all morphs that have the spider gene has and it effects them
in difference degrees. Its supposed to be something that affects them when they get nervous or excited, some only
show it during feeding, others its almost constant. Wobbling is a shaking of the head that can be a slight vibration
to a violent motion, it also manefesting in twisting and turning while moving, flipping the head upside down and
just generally the inability to control their movement. Some believe it gets better with age or that a baby that shows
no signs wont get worse and that as long as they can eat and poop it shouldn't matter.

Brood barely had a sign of it when he was younger, now he can barely eat, hes hungry he just shakes so much he shys
away or gets defensive. He poops fine,but he can eat much anymore, which isn't a huge concern with snakes like it is
with normal animals and he manages to get hungry enough to perserve but personally I don't think that is right

People continue to breed spiders and spider morphs waving the banner of "if it eats and poops its fine" which I
don't agree with at all, Brood might not have the mental capacity to really be bother on the same level as humans
but I know he is, its not right when he is hungry to not be able to eat, its not right that he can't have time
outside of his tub without flipping, flopping and shaking.

But alas this is the world we live in and I only hope I can help Brood live happily until he is 40 years old.

p.s I'm not sure if there is a place for me to post any pictures of my stuff, if there is let me know, i'd love to get
more opinions on my bird pieces!

Zydabird, thank you, I don't think i've seen reptile eyes that weren't amazing! I'll try to get some more for you when
I get my photo set up done to accomedate my larger animals.

Illuminati, thank you the Brazilians were a long held dream come true for me, everytime I look at them I can hardly
believe they are real.

TikiLola, Thank you, Pearl is a huge camera ham I have a lot of picture of him that I really love, heres a few more:

Also a few more eye pictures for Zydabird:

Momto3boys

Real Name
Brandy
Oh, I didnt realize Brood's wobble had gotten worse :( I remember him not having much of one as a baby.

Valvaren

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Dee
Yeah he goes weeks without being able to eat even though he's hungry just every time he tries to eat he shakes so much he get scared and defensive. Even when he is out its all loopdeloops and twisting :(

Tinta

Avenue Veteran
Thanks for the information about wobbling. I had no idea. Sounds so sad. :(
I'm glad he has you to take such good care of him.

I imagine you could make a thread for your art here in Herp Haven.
I'm not sure where else it'd go.

If this isn't the right place the mods can move it. :3

I am super curious!

Last edited:

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Love them all!

friendlyreesy

Sprinting down the street
I have a crested gecko and a bearded dragon that I call my grand lizards..they belong to my son who is in college and I am starting to think I will never have grandchildren..lol..people look at me funny and laugh when I say that. So I can related.

Veggieburger

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Donna
GOURGEOUS! I miss my dragon, she passed away in January :( my crested passed last year.... My helps didn't do well when I moved here for some reason. My dragon who I thought was a male for 5 years, suddenly laid eggs and never recovered from it.....:( Yours are lovely

Valvaren

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Dee
Tinta, I try, I just like to believe i'm doing whats better for him, since I don't really know
if it is causing him pain I don't want to put him down, if it gets to the point he passes
to long without eating and he starts to lose weight i'll have to make a decision I just hope
it never comes to that.

Regarding my clay I might just post it here.

Thugluvgrl, Thank you!

Friendlyreesy, haha! I think my parents and my inlaws feel the same way! I don't know if I would ever feel like
having children as much as reading about birds seems to have brought out some reseblence of a motherly thing. My
fiancee has noted that I talk about birds like children i.e the baths and the toys and researching diets and stuff
only time with tell I guess

VeggieBurger, I'm so sorry for your losses, moving can be more stressful then we can imagine. I'm slightly alarmed
at your dragon suddenly laying eggs at 5, my girls is three now and hasn't shown any signs of eggs at all, I've been
worrying over egg binding since I got her and sexed her as female (I was hoping for a male) I was also kind of
hoping I dodged a bullet and got a dragon who didn't want kids as much as I :p I guess I should get more lay box materials
to have on hand. *hugs*

Valvaren

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Dee
I wanted to make this a separate post so the mods can move it if they wish.

Just some of my better pieces that I like :

And two birds for good measure

Status
Not open for further replies.