• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My poor sunny girl

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Boo....hope she is gonna be ok!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Oh gosh, can you get her some parrot tissues? Guess it would help if they could blow their nose and clear in out. Be well little girlie.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Poor girl. So not an infection?

Catherine89

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Catherine
It always seems to the the right nare too, luckily While I was at work my husband noticed her blowing bubbles tthrough her nare and called me right away and brought her to me at the vet office, they were able to work me in today

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so glad her lungs sound great, but how frustrating for her to be sick again. I hope she gets better soon! Is she on any probiotics, ACV, or DMG to strengthen her immune system?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
How old is she? My cockatiel Sunny was very prone to bacterial infections when we got him. The vet thought it was related to his age. (He was 15 at the time.) After almost a year of dealing with infections, we (the vet and I) decided to just keep him on probiotics. Although not typically the thing to do, it made a huge difference for Sunny. We went from probably 4-5 infections a year to one every 2-3 years.

Catherine89

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Catherine
How old is she? My cockatiel Sunny was very prone to bacterial infections when we got him. The vet thought it was related to his age. (He was 15 at the time.) After almost a year of dealing with infections, we (the vet and I) decided to just keep him on probiotics. Although not typically the thing to do, it made a huge difference for Sunny. We went from probably 4-5 infections a year to one every 2-3 years.
I’ll have to ask him about the probiotics , she’s on them now