• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My new little guys.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgreenaway

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Claire
I got these two little guys the other day and they are so funny to watch. Lol. I used to have a piranha but I kept catching my cat dipping her paws in his tank and decided it wasn't safe anymore since he was getting close to 3.5" and I didn't want her to get hurt. So I sold my piranha and picked up a couple turtles and I thought I would share some pictures.

** Also I just noticed today that the map turtle bit off the tip of the red eared slider's tail and I was wondering if anyone else with turtles has had the same issue and what I can do about it?

Attachments

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Awwww....I haven't seen one of those since I was a little girl. I had a green one. :heart:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I got these two little guys the other day and they are so funny to watch. Lol. I used to have a piranha but I kept catching my cat dipping her paws in his tank and decided it wasn't safe anymore since he was getting close to 3.5" and I didn't want her to get hurt. So I sold my piranha and picked up a couple turtles and I thought I would share some pictures.

** Also I just noticed today that the map turtle bit off the tip of the red eared slider's tail and I was wondering if anyone else with turtles has had the same issue and what I can do about it?
Piranhas?:eek: They are adorable. However, I would say turtles of different types may just not get along, and they need to be separated.

Allessa

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janifer
Aw! We had 2 of the first one pictured (the green) years ago. Cutest darn things but man did they ever STINK. lol. Eric didnt take care of them..they were the last pet he was aloud to have :(

cgreenaway

Real Name
Claire
Yeah I always loved Piranhas but not with a cat that seems to like fish tanks a little too much. Lol. Some other day when I have a large secure tank she can't get to, maybe. Yeah turtles are totally adorable and these are my very first turtles ever so its an exciting new adventure. I definitely don't have enough money to separate them and set up a separate tank so I'll have to think hard about what to do, but I've only had them like 2 days now so I'll just watch them and keep checking on them and hope all ends well. Thanks for the forum info on turtles, I'll definitely be thinking of joining and getting some help there. :)

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Aw, I love turtles. They are so cute. I remember having some as a kid. I can't wait to hear stories about these little guys.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Maybe you could set up a break between them somehow...kind of like bettas? A piece of plexiglass across the width with holes drilled in, siliconed in place might do the trick.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Oh man, they're sooooo cute! I want turtles now, I seen someone selling baby turtles just the other day. :heart:

cgreenaway

Real Name
Claire
Well no more mishaps today. :) The turtles ate some minnows and their pellets with no incidents with tails or feet. :) Lol. So hopefully things will continue well. I love turtles and I don't regret getting them at all and no matter what happens I love them both. :) Here are some more pictures of the little guys and their brand new 20 gallon tank (new filter going in tomorrow).

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.