• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My new huge cage and what to put in it

emzymayzy

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emma
I have brought this magnificent cage for just £80 it fits just right in my small lounge in my flat. I now need to find some thing to go in it or shall i go for 1 medium bird or 2 smaller birds? i was thinking maybe anything from cockatiels or ring necks but screaming will be an issue so what birds are known for being easy to learn to be quiestish as i dont wanna fall in love with a bird and have to get rid of it because of complaints with neighbours.

042ad9fd-0740-43d5-a691-1f0c79afd2e5.jpg 9f0e601e-f969-48ab-962a-b28defc6fed4.jpg

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What are the dimensions and bar spacing? To me that looks like a comparatively small cage with comparatively wide bar spacing, which will restrict what bird(s) can be kept in it.

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's a great cage! The King's 33"x25" aluminum cage. Would be perfect for a cockatiel :)

emzymayzy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emma
oh yeah i will try and find out the dimensions i have no measuring tape to find out the i know i cant out any more budgies in there coz of the bar spacing and sorry but it does look smaller on a pic than it does in real life shall i put a pic up of where its going to go in my flat will that help

emzymayzy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emma
i dont think this is going to help you see the dimensions of where its going to go on the picture i think it looks very narrow that what it is and excuse the mess

20170425_204714.jpg

janicedyh

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
I suggest you go to the section here about bird species before you make up your mind. I have a ringneck who is quiet most of the time but when she wants to scream...wow....she can be loud. After looking at the section you may want to do a little more research on your own online concerning feeding and care. This is a very long commitment and its worth the effort to take your time.

janicedyh

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
Let me also add...there are a lot of birds out there that need a soft place to land....might want to consider a rehome or rescue

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If you have a ruler, you can use that - how many lengths of the ruler is the cage? A standard ruler is 30cm/12 inches, so two rulers worth would be 60cm/24 inches and so on.

And don't worry, my study/bird room is a mess! We've been on a bit of a shredding session tonight...

emzymayzy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emma
i cant seem to find any rescue centres coz it would be nice to go and visit one on monday to get some ideas i live in windsor berks

JosienBB

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You don't need to measure the cage. I already told you it's 33"x25" :huh:. I have the same cage.

JosienBB

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The bar spacing is 3/4".

emzymayzy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emma
ill go out with ruler tomorrow as cage is in shed till my bday in june

Pipsqueak

Avenue Veteran
That is a fantastic cage! I think you could put two GCC in it :)

emzymayzy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emma
That is a fantastic cage! I think you could put two GCC in it :)
id love Green cheek conures they are one of my favourites but whats the noise level i know from them lol? my budgies can be loud and i dont have any complaints about them so i might get a way with a bit more

Pipsqueak

Avenue Veteran
id love Green cheek conures they are one of my favourites but whats the noise level i know from them lol? my budgies can be loud and i dont have any complaints about them so i might get a way with a bit more
They are not loud at all.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
lovely maxi pionus i love them was yours tame i know 2 but arent very clever on the taming side hey in a pet shop
Thanks! :)
I tame them, they where wild from the beginning, and they are very smart and are great for trick training. And they also are great fliers!