• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My new horse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
What a gorgeous partner! Dressage always has left me in awe whenever I see it. Whenever I see a human and an animal so in sync, making art in the field - it just makes me melt!

SallyQZ

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Loree
What a gorgeous partner! Dressage always has left me in awe whenever I see it. Whenever I see a human and an animal so in sync, making art in the field - it just makes me melt!
You should have seen us today - we were the farthest thing away from "human and an animal in sync, making art ..." He had his head up, was snorting like a dragon, and carted me around at a gallop while I ineffectively tried half halts, circling, connecting aids, basically everything that the trainers say you should do to get a dressage horse to focus. He basically ignored me and thundered around the arena having a great old time. :D

I finally got ticked off and got pretty strong with my aids, holding hard with non-allowing hands and using my spurs to drive him forward into the contact. He FINALLY accepted contact, rounded his neck & back, and then we had a productive training session. But the first 10 minutes were a classic "What Not to Do" moment. :rofl:

OSUtoo

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Brittany
He's gorgeous! I'm a QH girl at heart but I still drool over these guys. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.