• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My monster is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TypingParrot

Rollerblading along the road
Mickey is definitely the monster bird in the house. "Don't touch, he bites" is a phrase frequently uttered in our house. However lately, within the last week or so, he is cuddly. With my hands and his toys, he just wants to snuggle right up and preen. Is this his hormones kicking in, he is 6 years old. Or is this him warming up more in the home realizing it is a permanent one this time?

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
sound slike he is trusting and loving you......awww

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mickey is definitely the monster bird in the house. "Don't touch, he bites" is a phrase frequently uttered in our house. However lately, within the last week or so, he is cuddly. With my hands and his toys, he just wants to snuggle right up and preen. Is this his hormones kicking in, he is 6 years old. Or is this him warming up more in the home realizing it is a permanent one this time?
Mickey's a grown-up boy, and it is spring, so hormones could be a factor, but I'm guessing it has more to do with his bonding with you and feeling safe in his new home. :)

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I would guess that his first set of hormones hit a few years ago and as the years pass, the hormones start to calm down a bit...think of the first year with hormones surging as a teenager hitting them for the first time and how frustrating it is at that age, but as they get older, they really start to learn to live with it, until they hit true adulthood and then it's all old hack!:)

I'd say that he's settling in and learning that you love him and that he's in a happy place.

TypingParrot

Rollerblading along the road
Here's hoping! Last night when I went to bed he came up from his newspaper and hopped off his stand. We have a makeshift perch in our bedroom and he wanted there last night. So he slept by the bed and wanted to cuddle. He purred, I thought something was in my room making a weird noise, It was Mickey. He still pretty much hates everyone else though...

Status
Not open for further replies.