• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My lovie Gracie

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
She's pretty smart and knows when she does things she is not supposed too be doing like chewing a hole in the wall or going after my husband when I'm not around. We have done this with her in the past when she almost ripped a hole in my husbands nose. He told me that if she ever bit him like that again I would have to get rid of her. That is why I have to be firm with her in situations like this. She has never bitten him like that again. She's very aware of what she does at times like that. You can see the thoughts going through of "oh goodness I messed up" to "I'm sorry".

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
3 days is too long, I agree with Luna. Even if she actually could associate it with something she did, still way too long.

She may be clever, but she's still an animal and she still follows her instincts. Hopefully you'd never allow your husband to get rid of her.

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
My husband has gotten close a few times because of her aggressiveness but she does get time out or time in I guess in her cage. Her cage is a good size not small and she is able to fly and has a lot of toys treats and is right next to where I spend most of my time so its not like we are being cruel to her keeping her locked away in a dark room or something. We have used this method with her for years and seen very good results with her. She mellowed out a lot towards my husband after she went after him and almost gave him a nose ring. Now she just buzzes him which we deal with because we know she is always going to be overly protective of me no matter what. but the aggression of late is something that I don't want to get too out of hand because I am a care taker when I get home for my husband grandmother and I do not want Gracie to hurt her by accident when she is in a mood or something. Gracie does like to go visit grandma and i keep and eye on them but i can only move so fast and I want anyone getting hurt.