• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures My indian ringneck parrot

Denim sahu

Moving in
Real Name
Denim
Hello, I am new idk if I am posting it at right place or not ,so...
I have a indian ringneck parrot I didn't bought it , 7 years ago one day she came to my house from where and she wasn't able to fly properly so I thought I will take care of her and once she is good I will let her go but it turned out she had a owner before so she was friendly and still idk her age,
So now in recent years her beak turned from bright red to black and now I am really very worried about her for me and my family, it's like a family member, soon we will take her to a doctor but rn everything is closed because of corona.... If you know something ,why is it happening than plz help plz....

Attachments

Denim sahu

Moving in
Real Name
Denim
Hello, I am new idk if I am posting it at right place or not ,so...
I have a indian ringneck parrot I didn't bought it , 7 years ago one day she came to my house from somewhere she wasn't able to fly properly so I thought I will take care of her and once she is good I will let her go but it turned out it's a pet and friendly, idk her age,
So now in recent years her beak turned from bright red to black and now I am really very worried about her for me and my family it's like a family member, soon we will take him to a doctor but rn everything is closed because of corona.... If you know something why is it happening than plz help plz....

Attachments

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
That is not normal. I'm glad you are taking her to the vet. Hopefully some of the Ringneck owners will be here soon to give you advice.

Welcome to the forum.

olivierr1

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Olivier
I'm not an expert on ringnecks but that birb needs to go to an emergency avian vet!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome! So she had a bright red beak when she first came to you? I am only asking as the African ringneck parakeet has a very dark beak and otherwise looks very similar to your bird.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I'm interested in what you feed your bird.

Denim sahu

Moving in
Real Name
Denim
Welcome! So she had a bright red beak when she first came to you? I am only asking as the African ringneck parakeet has a very dark beak and otherwise looks very similar to your bird.
She had red beak, but now it's turned black

Denim sahu

Moving in
Real Name
Denim
Below are pictures of an Indian and African ringneck the african has the darker beak.
Really my parrot is so similar to right one life her neck ring , color and beaks looks exactly same, I hope their is nothing wrong with my parrot and it's just a African ringneck, as I said i didn't bought it so idk anything about her....

Gokha

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Gaukharay
What’s her weight? African greys are smaller in size than Indian ringnecks..
Also I’d suggest removing tomatoes, milk with bread and peanuts from her diet. You could add pellets, a little bit of seeds, carrots, cucumbers and other vegetables and fruits, just be aware of what’s toxic to birds.

Denim sahu

Moving in
Real Name
Denim
What’s her weight? African greys are smaller in size than Indian ringnecks..
Also I’d suggest removing tomatoes, milk with bread and peanuts from her diet. You could add pellets, a little bit of seeds, carrots, cucumbers and other vegetables and fruits, just be aware of what’s toxic to birds.
We never weighted her... And I talked to my mom about , parrots beak exact color bec when she came I was 10 or 11 years ols so don't remember very much about her beak color but my mom told me that her beak color was never very bright at first it was kinda red but not that much, so rn I think I have a African ringneck and to be sure that nothing is wrong with her today we are taking her to a vet, and thanks for deit information I will follow it

Gokha

Real Name
Gaukharay
We never weighted her... And I talked to my mom about , parrots beak exact color bec when she came I was 10 or 11 years ols so don't remember very much about her beak color but my mom told me that her beak color was never very bright at first it was kinda red but not that much, so rn I think I have a African ringneck and to be sure that nothing is wrong with her today we are taking her to a vet, and thanks for deit information I will follow it
Let us know what did the vet say :D

Denim sahu

Moving in
Real Name
Denim
Let us know what did the vet say :D
And btw I just weighted her and it's 110 grams... So what you think, is everything fine, and ya definitely I will post about what vet will say you people helped me a lot thank you everyone

Gokha

Real Name
Gaukharay
And btw I just weighted her and it's 110 grams... So what you think, is everything fine, and ya definitely I will post about what vet will say you people helped me a lot thank you everyone
This is the information i found online. There’s a significant difference in their size, can you try measuring her? C73C4D88-E562-4E49-A94E-A20279E0055D.png C364423D-77B5-45C4-92A1-22540119B9BD.png