• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My heart is missing pieces today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Oh no Merlie, I'm so sorry for your loss :sad1:
Please read what everyone is saying on here. Truer words could not be spoken :hug8:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I feel shocked, deeply saddened and SO sorry to hear about this tragedy. :darkcloud: Thank you for finding the strength and courage to share this painful experience. Thank you for the reminder. Hopefully it will help to serve as a wake up call for all.:( My thoughts are with you and your flock.
I was really stunned when I read your sad news Merlie. I wanted to add today. :(

I think it is quite understandable and VERY normal to feel the way you do. I believe that most responsible parrot owners would feel very similar emotions.

I don't think it is necessarily unhealthy or even bad to feel the emotions that you have been feeling.

How else do people learn if they don't feel remorse, guilt, grief or some sense of accountability? Unfortunately the best lessons do come from our BAD/Worst experiences.

In fact I wouldn't expect any different from you Merlie. Since I've known you on here you've always been an advocate for the parrots. You haven't been one to sugarcoat or not see things for what they are. You would not gloss over the fact that 2 lives have been lost, that was it simply an accident and these things happen occasionally.

I've definitely learned from this tragedy and I know that you have too.

I have confidence that in time you will find it in yourself to forgive yourself. Yes you are an excellent parront and you made a mistake this time.

Once again, thank you for sharing.

Last edited:

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I just got off the phone with Teresa, she is not quite ready to read this thread. She wanted me to thank everyone for their kind posts,
she will read them when she is emotionally up to it :sad1:

jerseybella

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
dawn
Woke up thinking of you this morning:heart:

crzybrdldy

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Patty
:sad7: So very sorry for your double loss. Be kind to yourself and understand that what happened was an accident.

Sending you healing energy.:hug8:

Angela_tiger_1999

Real Name
Angela
:sad13: I am so sorry for your loss :sad1: Please listen to what everyone is saying, it was an accident, please please don't blame yourself. I also can't imagine how hard it was to come on here and post but I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart...you may have saved me from the same accident down the road (I at one time was thinking of adding a hahn's but now there is no question about it my second bird will have to be at least the same size as my zon). Again I am so sorry for the loss of your 2 beautiful babies, just know that they are together and waiting for you :sadhug:and that your story has opened the eyes of many, and more fids will be safe because you had the strength to share. :sadhug2:

lzver

Real Name
Laura
I just got off the phone with Teresa, she is not quite ready to read this thread. She wanted me to thank everyone for their kind posts,
Thanks for the update Theresa and letting her know that we're all thinking about her. I can imagine that she's not ready to read this thread yet. She needs to take the time to grieve and deal with this in her own way.

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
I am so incredibly sorry for your loss :( I wish I knew what to say :hug8:

HelenVanessaDavies

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Helen
I'm so heartbroken right now for you Teresa. I can't even imagine how much you're hurting right now. Take lots of deep breaths. As everyone has said, this accident by no means reflects you as a parront. You love your birds and you most certainly deserve them, you need them right now to help you through this.
We're all thinking of you, you'll find the strength to forgive yourself.
:sadhug2: :sadhug2::sadhug2:

Birdasaurus

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
Sending a thousand more hugs today.... :hug8:

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am so very sorry Merlie :sadhug: My heart breaks for you, and Im so sorry this happened. You ARE a wonderful Parront :hug8:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Just wanted to stop by again today and let you know that I'm thinking of you. Whenever you are ready to come back we are all here for you, no matter what you need. I hope today finds you gentler with yourself.
:sadhug2:

Sparky04

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kiersten
How are you doing? :sadhug2: I'm keeping you in my thoughts. Please don't blame yourself.

Jazzysmama

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Merlie, take all the time you need to cry and grieve, this thread will be here for you when you are able to read. Always remember something, "We are our own worst enemy." We are too hard on ourselves. If I were in your shoes, I know I'd be feeling the exact same way even though others would see it differently like everyone here. You're a good person and you have a huge heart. I could never think any less of the Merlie I've gotten to know. Please know that I'm still thinking of you. :heart:

SkyBaby

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kira
I know this wasn't your fault. You love your fids so much. Accidents happen. I know you're not ready to read this yet, but when you are, you'll know how much we all care for you. We are all mourning right along with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.