• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Hahn’s & Caique Dilemma…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
So you all know about my super duo twins Augie and Aubrey… I moved them into a separate room from the other birds because they can’t keep to themselves when they’re out amongst others...It is an ADD problem with those two. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I have felt bad because although they have their quarks I think they do like the company of the other bird… since I moved them their feathers haven’t been looking good… The room is darker and quiet, too quiet for such outgoing beings.

So I moved them back into the birdroom and I will make the other room a playroom for when all the birds are out they can go play in there if they're not downstairs with me.

Now I am worried and thinking what if they break out of their cages (they never have) there will be bloody fights through the bars… I don’t fear Asher, Nola or Devlin breaking out because they will stay in their own areas…I’m not too sure about Oliver. He didn’t seem happy to see them in the bird room since he was trying to attack them through his bars even though A & A were in their cage. :huh:

Do you all think this is a good idea to keep them with the other birds when I am not home? I just want what is best for these two.

I am my birds Mom

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Karen
All of my birds are together in the same room, but of course in there cages..and I leave the radio on for them!

And if you are that worry about someone breaking out..then put a lock on the cages and then you don't have to think about it... hopes this helps...

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Maybe you can hang a room divider?

Angelicarboreals

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
I agree with locking the cages. Checkers, my caique, has locks on all his doors because he has become notorious for breaking out. Luckily, the few times he has done it in the past he just went next door to Avery's cage (they were raised together) and broke in to play without my supervision, but I just couldn't chance it with Wesley my cockatoo in the same room.

The first time Checker's broke out of his cage and into Avery's was the worst heart attack I ever had. I was going into the bird room one morning pretty early and Checker's cage was empty and he was not out and about in the bird room either. I started freaking out until I realized that the two of them were snuggled together on Avery's sleeping perch ! I have contemplated housing them together since they love each other so much but sometimes Checkers gets too feisty for Avery and I have to separate them so I am worried about what could happen when I am not home.

But yes, locks would probably totally solve your worries about your little terrors, lol. ;)

Leza

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
room dividers seems to be the new thing to try... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.