• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My greencheek conure might've eaten some mouldy fruit, should I be worried?

bumblebun

Moving in
Hi all. I have a young greencheek conure and I noticed this morning while cleaning out his cage that his fruit had gone mouldy after only 1 day (I gave it to him the day before). I hadn't seen him eat it, but worried he might've ate some. Should I be worried? I chucked it out immediately but I'm concerned now that he might've eaten some. Do you think I should take him to the vet or will it be ok? It didn't look like any of the mould had been touched.

Chihuahua

Rollerblading along the road
i would just keep an eye on him. ideally fresh food should be removed after a few hours but i feed my guys right before work and remove the bowls when i get home around ten hours later.

bumblebun

Moving in
yea that's usually what I do. I give him a fruit kebab or bowl of veggies/fruit before I leave in the morning and take it out at night but got home late from work and just went straight to bed. I'll keep an eye on him... anything I should look out for?

Chihuahua

Rollerblading along the road
constantly fluffed feather, extra watery or discolored poop, lethargy, sudden personality changes... anything unusual thag could indicate illness. good idea to be vigilant all the time really, birds are very good at hiding illness.