• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Freshwater Aquarium

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdsal_99

Meeting neighbors
CIMG0416.JPG

On Fishbook:

Login | Facebook

It consists of:

Otocinclus Catfish
CIMG0405.JPG

Ghost Shrimp and Java Moss
CIMG0413.JPG

My goal is to add Orange Bee Shrimp to this set-up someday. Anyone keep shrimp, freshwater or saltwater? Or used to? If so, please feel free to post to this thread. I'd love to keep in contact with a fellow shrimp enthusiast.

Also, anyone here keep catfish? Or used to? And if so, what has your experience been like with them? For me, Otocincluses, or as they are more commonly known "Otos", are very hardy fish and relatively easy to care for.

Sal :)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Hello Sal. Love the nano.:)
I have kept lots of different fw and sw shrimp.My favorite sw shrimps are Emporer, sexy shrimp, and I had one that was super unusual but the name escapes me. He had all these weird things on his head that he could move around, like fingers.Fw I have kept cherries, crs, cbs, tigers, but my favorites are the fan shrimps. They are all awesome.I have kept otos, and tried to keep zebra otos but was sent a bad batch that were sick. 17 of them, I was supposed to split with someone. I like corydoras Habrosus, and have kept Hara jerdoni{mini moth catfish}, and love the loaches and gobies too.. I also had a peckoltia sp swerg that was really a neat fish.In nanos I would stick with the small fish like you have. Most catfish get huge. They love zucchini, partially blanched. I just read a big thread last night on a guy who has successfully bred otos. I think he was in Sweden or?

Last edited:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
What a great tank! Your ghost shrimp is very fascinating! :D

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month