• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My First Senegal~Just Waiting~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

carkam

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
So cute!!! Enjoy! I luv my Poi Boy!!! My guy may be a mixture of the senegal and Meyer parrot, but he is also a busy boy! He is so fun!! I got him at 5 months old.

keninaz

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ken
Mine was hatched out 3/14 so I have a little while to wait yet.
Towards of end of May I suspect before he's all weaned out and ready to come home.

Last edited:

keninaz

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ken
Well I got my DNA results and I picked a girl from the clutch.
So now on to the names list.
After all, she's got to have a name.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congratz on your little girl! Hmm what about Faith,Willow,Penny,Luna,Sugar,Aurora.

keninaz

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ken
Thanks. Right now I thought I would try to find a Nigerian name (OK my bird is from Glendale, AZ) but the orange breasted sub species I understand comes from mostly the area of Nigeria.
So if I can find a name that is nor hard to pronounce I thought I might go that way.
So far, I see Chiku, which in the language means chatterer and is a girl's name which I am favoring.
And the name is simple. But I am still looking.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks. Right now I thought I would try to find a Nigerian name (OK my bird is from Glendale, AZ) but the orange breasted sub species I understand comes from mostly the area of Nigeria.
So if I can find a name that is nor hard to pronounce I thought I might go that way.
So far, I see Chiku, which in the language means chatterer and is a girl's name which I am favoring.
And the name is simple. But I am still looking.
I love the name Chiku,its so unique.

keninaz

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ken
I have been through many websites showing names and I really like Chiku.
So Chiku it is. After all, the meaning in Nigerian is chatterer is somehow so appropriate to name a parrot, the name is easy to pronouce, maybe even for the Sennie, and it works for me.
The breeder says she is coming along just fine, is still more trouble than the other two siblings, and that after all is my kind of bird!

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have been through many websites showing names and I really like Chiku.
So Chiku it is. After all, the meaning in Nigerian is chatterer is somehow so appropriate to name a parrot, the name is easy to pronouce, maybe even for the Sennie, and it works for me.
The breeder says she is coming along just fine, is still more trouble than the other two siblings, and that after all is my kind of bird!
A wonderful name,for a special girl :) I bet you cant wait to get her home :heart:

keninaz

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ken
As soon as she is confident in flight and totally weaned I can pick her up. It's just a short trip down the mountain to get her in the Glendale area of Phoenix. I understand that I can expect to pick her up from somewhere to the 23rd to the first week in June.
By the way, there are 3 in this group and another bunch just hatched out I guess so if anyone is looking they have them now.
I know they are licensed and ship too AZparrots</AZParrots><meta><title>AZParrots
I have been very impressed with this breeder.

ArloDuncan

Real Name
Steve
It's getting very exciting Ken as time gets closer to her arrival.. I enjoyed reading all the new updates. Keep updating us :)

keninaz

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ken
I got an update today from the breeder that said the 3 Sennies they have are perching now and trying their wings out gaining strength.
They are also sampling some "big bird" foods for the first time.
Their camera has malfunctioned so I cannot get any new pix to post.
But it sounds like I am getting closer to getting my girl anyway. :D
My transport crate is ready and I will be waiting for the call when the day comes to pick her up.
I guess you could say pretty quick my bird will be ready to fly the coup! :dance4:

Last edited:

keninaz

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ken
Breeder sent a pix of the group.
Not sure which is mine, these were born starting 3/14 although these pix are already a week old as they had trouble getting the pix to download. 12 weeks.jpg

Last edited:

keninaz

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ken
At 9 1/2 weeks old now.
The breeder says they are doing well transitioning from hand feeding to big bird food but they still like the hand feeding too which is fine at this age.
I was looking at their list of available babies, all types, and they have quite a few so I am sure they are going to be happy to send mine home when it's properly flighted and weaned. Baby parrots for sale

ArloDuncan

Real Name
Steve
Hey Ken they all look like they are doing so well. They are all adorable!! And glad it won't be long till you have your little one home. :) I remember the feeling and know how excited you are.....

Leza

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
how exciting! can't wait til you can get your little one home :)

keninaz

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ken
My breed says she flies, hovers and does all that just fine. She is getting offers of hand feeding but refusing it for the most part 2x a day. She prefers big kid foods, frutis and veggies.
The breeder says if I want to take her home next Saturday, the 28th, she may be ready to go.
We will see. If I had to hand feed her I could as I did that years ago with my Amazon that we raised from early on.
Getting very close now.

keninaz

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ken
Well rats!
Now the breeder says that her son who is feeding some of the breeder's birds at his home says I had better wait until she is the full 12 weeks old!
I think he is in love with this set of 3 Sennies myself.
So now they are saying they can release her about June 4th.
Oh well, on the good side of things I will not have to drive into the valley this weekend with the 3 day holiday traffic and the predicted 102-105° temps.
The bad news is that it will be just as warm the following weekend when I go to get her!

keninaz

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ken
Oh, I forgot to post the new pix of the 3 of them take 4 days ago. 10 weeks old.jpg
Look at the look on the face of the breeder's son~~~I think I am going to have trouble prying my girl away from him! 2 of the 3 are now sold.
My breeder says that of all the birds they raise the Sennies are her son's favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.