• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My first day at work!!! (with a mystery double jeapordy question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwilightsImprint

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Erica
Ok so some of you have requested to know what kind of birds my wonderful new employer has. He has the following.

Two green wing macaws- one has plucking issues does anyone have any insight on this? how to get them to stop?

1 Scarlette Macaw- agressive but who is my new project. By the time christmas comes i want him to step up for me.... or at least let me clean his cage without trying to kill me. Suggestions?

A Congo African Grey who is shy but that seems a simple fix.

A Hyacinth who is gorgeous and wonderful but who has a cheeky side.

And a mystery bird. Can anyone guess what it is. here are some hints.

He was a giant,
He blushes quite easily if you embarass him
He has a bite larger than a harlequin or a hyacinth

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
If it was bigger than a hy, no way it's a too!

she said his BITE is bigger not the birds size

He was a giant,
He blushes quite easily if you embarrass him

Im going with the Black Palm too its the only thing I can think of with colored cheeks that is big LOL

Quiverful

Life is a gift:)
Real Name
Dawn
A black palm will also blush....pretty spectacularly, too. It's bite is definitely bigger and the Goliaths might rival the large macaws on body size. I'll have to research that one!

Last edited:

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
taken from some one who gets the living day lights bit out of her daily from a love bird, I'd say nope - their bites are nothing near a macaws and i've never been bit by a macaw but I've been bit by lovebirds,budgies, tiels,(broken skin beak stuck in), Quakers,conures and an Indian ringneck

Last edited:

Quiverful

Real Name
Dawn
Goliaths range from 1000g-1300g and 60-70cm in length.

The Hy averages 1250g and 100cm in length....that long tail really adds up:)

Quiverful

Real Name
Dawn
taken from some one who gets the living day lights bit out of her daily from a love bird, I'd say nope - their bites are nothing near a macaws and i've never been bit by a macaw but I've been bit by lovebirds,budgies, tiels,(broken skin beak stuck in), Quakers,conures and an Indian ringneck

My M2 bit me once on the base of my hand...where it joins the wrist. It wasn't even a full force bite..more of a nip and my hand swelled and I couldn't use it for 2 days..the pain lasted a week!

I'm POSITIVE a Goliath's bite would be amazing!!!

TwilightsImprint

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Erica
FOr those of you who guessed a Black palm cockatoo you are correct. And he's gorgeous you cant even know how wonderful a bird he is. He's a Goliath BPC and I'm just in love with him. Though I did sustain my first cockatoo bite and that's a big beak lol. he god his whole mouth around my forarm... that goodness for a quick reaction on my part.

Quiverful

Real Name
Dawn
A Goliath Black Palm is my ultimate dream bird! You are so lucky to be up close and personal on a daily basis!! Can you get any pics?

TwilightsImprint

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Erica
I probably cant get pics but I'll ask if I find a spare minute. I really want to respect the privacy and the home of my employer.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
all I can say is wow, (while wiping the drool from the screen)

you are most fortunate to be able to be around them daily

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
You are so lucky!!

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Ok so some of you have requested to know what kind of birds my wonderful new employer has. He has the following.

Two green wing macaws- one has plucking issues does anyone have any insight on this? how to get them to stop?
Whats his cage like ste up? Is he housed with the other GW? Toys? DIET?

1 Scarlette Macaw- agressive but who is my new project. By the time christmas comes i want him to step up for me.... or at least let me clean his cage without trying to kill me. Suggestions? Respect his space, hsi wishes, keep you eye and down and dont look at him from close up, give him treats if he will take them, or just eat infront of him, and offer him a bite time to time.

A Congo African Grey who is shy but that seems a simple fix. Repect his space and his wishes and you'll become friends with him. Temped him in with treats and healthy bribes.

A Hyacinth who is gorgeous and wonderful but who has a cheeky side. Dont they all?

And a mystery bird. Can anyone guess what it is. here are some hints.

He was a giant,
He blushes quite easily if you embarass him
Have fun at this new birdie job! And yes yes, if you can, please get pictures. Ofcourse ask before you take them :) Your doing good!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.