• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My daughter's horse show and halloween pics - horses in dressup

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasminlana

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elsie
My daughter's horse show was yesterday. This is her second competition. she did well. We got another 1st place ribbon. She didn't do well in the trot division. Her horse (the one she was riding) was just coming off of a leg injury and wouldn't trot for her. But she was not upset. She was happy to get the 1st place ribbon in the walking competition. She beat out 7 other competitors for the 1st place ribbon. It went downhill from there because then Lily wouldn't trot and then proceeded to eat the flowers in the ring (lol) so hilariously funny. But we got 2 more 6 place ribbons -- all in fun right.

Oh, the horses dressed up for the final category, so I got a couple shots of the horses in their Halloween costumes.

Sorry forgot to charge the camera and so I had to use the camera phone so pics not as good.

Bride and groom

Thing 1 and Thing 2 love the horse wig

The wedding ceremony complete with flower girl

Horse dressed up as a witch, sorry couldn't catch this pic before they started -- daughter had to go to the bathroom right at the start and after they walked around this witch's purple and black striped socks had fallen down to her ankles -- they were so cute up -- and her wig and hat fell to the side. It was so adorable

Last edited:

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Congrats! Cute horses, they all look great.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
We went to a horse show this summer with some young riders. It is quite an interesting thing to see. My husband and I love horses so it was cool to see so many up close. The kids are really cute and I think it is great for them to be in things like this. Congrats to your daughter. I am surprised the horses arent afraid of having things put on them.

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Looks like everyone had a great time.. :smileflower:

applejack

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Lindsay
Haha I love the Thing 1 and Thing 2 horse costumes!

Looks like a good time. I want to get my daughter into horseback riding when she's older, it seems like such a worthwhile activity

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Congrats! Yes, there's almost nothing more fun and an "fun" horse show where horses and kid can enjoy themselves without a ton of pressure.

Ginger

SallyQZ

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Loree
Congrats to your daughter! And it's always so hilarious to see horses in costume. My daughter used to dress up her horse for halloween, but mine lacked brain cells and any attempt at a costume would have put me in the ER immediately. :D

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay

Ranyart

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pennie
Congrats to your daughter - what fun! I used to dress my horses up for Halloween as clowns with big fun wigs laced onto their halters, face paint, and giant bow ties - My guys were awfully good sports about it too! I so miss them.

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Elsie this is what ?I did pretty much my whole life.Taught lessons and did camps for children.I still miss it.I loved seeing all the pictures.:)You daughter is so cute.

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We went to a horse show this summer with some young riders. It is quite an interesting thing to see. My husband and I love horses so it was cool to see so many up close. The kids are really cute and I think it is great for them to be in things like this. Congrats to your daughter. I am surprised the horses arent afraid of having things put on them.
Pat most horses in a childs riding program like this are *Bomb proof*:)

Status
Not open for further replies.