• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My budgie keeps moving tail up and down and making funny sounds

PeteGreat

Checking out the neighborhood
My budgie keeps moving tail up and down and making funny sounds. This keeps happening quite often and been happening for a long time already. Otherwise she seems fine, active, eating well. She is about 3 years old. When she was over 1 year, for some reason she stopped flying. I've noticed her wings don't seem very strong. Is this normal?

I was trying to upload a video but I am unable to so I uploaded it to Youtube:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
It is called tail bobbing. It can mean there may be a medical issue happening. When was her last vet check? Have you checked her to see if she may be with egg?

PeteGreat

Checking out the neighborhood
It is called tail bobbing. It can mean there may be a medical issue happening. When was her last vet check? Have you checked her to see if she may be with egg?
We have never done any vet check with our budgies. How can you check if she may be with eggs?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
If there is weight gain, swollen abdomen or brood patch a female most likely has an egg. If you are not sure a vet visit is best because an egg can get stuck inside. Then you have an emergency situation.

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
I would take her to the vet because her tail is lower, and also her chirp sounds sickly. Try getting her an appointment soon.

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
Avian vet for sure, never want to take chances with these guys!