• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Budgie is moving it’s mouth when I’m teaching it to talk am I doing something wrong

Sonic

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ege
I have budgies and I daily try to train them to talk but they recently have started moving there mouths I was wondering if this something good and this could possibly mean it’s learning to talk. I just want someone else opinion on this thanks in advance

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
You do not have to "train" a bird to talk. They either will or will not. I had a budgie years ago that said just about every word I said in general conversation with him. I taught him nothing. He picked it up by hearing me say the word. He was a good talker. You can try to train a bird to talk but its better to go about life repeating things when your are near them. Example, every time I took the cage cover off in the morning I said good morning and it was not long after that he said the two words. When I put fresh food in the cage I said "here you go" and he said it the very next day. Wanna a shower? That one too.