• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My beloved aspen is being silly with my door

medibirds

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Luis M.
i have a budgie named aspen, hes a good birb, usually, today i left my door open by accident, and next thing you know, little aspen is just rubbing his head on the door, i have no clue why he is doing this. his companion, stormy, is not doing it, but he is. does anyone know why he would do that?

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Welcome to the forum!

I can't help you I'm afraid. Is it the side of the door, or the bit that is on the end? Is he molting? Maybe scratching at pin feathers on his head?

I love your profile picture by the way! Are they your birds?

medibirds

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Luis M.
Welcome to the forum!

I can't help you I'm afraid. Is it the side of the door, or the bit that is on the end? Is he molting? Maybe scratching at pin feathers on his head?

I love your profile picture by the way! Are they your birds?
they like to use the door as a perch, he has started to grow pinfeathers, and he is molting. and no these arent my birds but im using this image as a place holder bc im trying to get a good pic of aspen and stormy chilling together.

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
they like to use the door as a perch, he has started to grow pinfeathers, and he is molting
In which case, it is probably just that the pin feathers are annoying him, so he is scratching. Try offering a bath, and if they allow you too, a head scritch would help too.