• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My beautiful Bourkes

caklock

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Christina
Hi all. I'm in Madison WI and am happy to introduce my little bird buddies. Ruby is a 4 year old female Bourke (rainbow) and Pinky Tuscadero is a 6 month old female Rosey Bourke. Well, at least I think she's female even though I was told she was a male. I figure if so, then I'll just call him Pinky and drop the Tuscadero part :hehe:.

They are my buddies and have free flight in my home office. They specialize in making confetti, plucking eyebrows, attempting to remove freckles, chasing pens, and wrestling with earrings. :rofl:

Heather F

Rollerblading along the road
They sound delightful! My sister has bourkes but she lives on the other side of the country so I've only seen them a couple of times.
Welcome to AA! But really...
:needpics:

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:hello::welave:

Your bourkes sound so cute and naughty :hehe:

We can't get enough pics around here :laugh:

caklock

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Christina
Argghh, having problems with pictures!! anyway, here is Ruby Rae. She is my little rainbow bourke and is BOSSY!! She loves to lay prone on top of my coffee mug to gather in all the heat. She is my busy-body birdie. And my top #1 buddy always on my shoulder or head, or riding around on my 'mouse hand' when I'm on the computer. Love love her.

Attachments

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
She is absolutely adorable! Welcome to AA! :greet5:

Heather F

Awwwww your birdies are gorgeous. :heart:

Your Ruby sounds like a character and her colouring is ever so pretty. Love that "blissed out mug bug" picture.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Beautiful birdies. & I love the mug shot.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:welcome:

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Those are great pics! They seem like a hoot :heart:

caklock

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Christina
I was working at the computer and Ruby was busy biting my toes. Finally I stopped to pick her up and get her off the floor, and saw that she had removed a bunch of faux bling from my flip flops!!:blink: I put her up to work on her veggies instead. She looks very pleased with herself.

Attachments

Dragonseer

Walking the driveway
They are my buddies and have free flight in my home office.
I must ask: do you have a good way of managing their, erm, accidents? I realize that Bourke's pass rather tiny amounts of waste material at one time, but it can add up.

They specialize in making confetti, plucking eyebrows, attempting to remove freckles, chasing pens, and wrestling with earrings. :rofl:
Years ago, my parents'--more like my mom's--male Bourke, Andy, insisted on landing repeatedly on a Monopoly board, which was in play. He continually lifted and flung our houses/hotels. Plus, the air currents created by his wings scattered our play money everywhere. I think that doing so made him feel big(ger). :hilarious: He was such a stinker that particular day but I couldn't stay mad at his cute, little face.

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
They are stunning