• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Bailey girl had oral surgery today

Status
Not open for further replies.

GigQQgles

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Carla
My Bailey, 11 yr old Doxie, had to go in for a teeth cleaning today and ended up having 4 teeth pulled, a tumor in her mouth removed and a tumor under her nose removed. The one under her nose she has had since she was a pup and I kept forgetting to show it to the vet at her yearly exams. The other one was hidden behind a tooth. The vet believes he got all of the tumors out and currently are not worried about any of it being cancerous. Poor baby looks like she has a moustach due to the stitches. The vet told me should probably would not want to eat tonight. NOT!!!! She is a doxie....doxies love food. She was whining until I waited the one and half hours to feed her. Then she curled up in my lap and I gave her belly rubs till she fell asleep. What we do for our fur babies. I even have my alarm set at 6am so I can get up and give her the pain meds. This is the most laid back dog I have ever owned and she always goes through the worst things but she still loves me unconditionally.

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Awh, poor baby! My Smokey is 12 years old and earlier this year he had his cleaning and had 5 teeth pulled and a cyst cut out from his eyelid. It took him a few days to really bounce back. :hug8:

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
aww, poor baby! You are such a good pet mommy!:dance4:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Ohhhh...your poor doggie. I hope she feels better real soon. :hug8:

GigQQgles

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Carla
Thank you....it is such a difficult decision to make when a pet gets older. But since I have one doxie that almost made it to his 16th birthday and another one that is 16 and pretty active, I thought it would be pretty safe to have her go through the procedure. I am so glad I did but feel so bad to see her in pain. Thank you again for the good thoughts.

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
I have to say though that this time was the hardest on him and so I don't think I'll put him through it again next year. Every year he gets older, it seems to take him longer to recuperate.

GigQQgles

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Carla
My oldest doxie could use a teeth cleaning but I am trying an oral care gel by PetzLife. A friend of mine said she used it on her older dog and saw a huge difference in a month. It has natural ingredients and my vet said to give it a try. It would be nice if there was a product available so we wouldn't have to have them put under in order to have their teeth cleaned. Especially for the older ones.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
poor baby many thoughts and prayers coming her way:hug8:

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
I'll have to check that out, thanks!

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Just checking in to see how she is doing this AM:hug8:

GigQQgles

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Carla
Bailey is doing pretty good. It still hasn't stopped her from eating but then she is a doxie and they love thier food! Of course she is just getting mushy canned dog food. I even put it on a plate instead of her bowl. I thought it would be easier for her to lick up than bite down into the bowl. Thank you so much for your concern.

thejoie

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
Bailey!! Poor thing!!! She's such a sweet little girl!! I miss your Doxie crew :)

Two of mine have to go for a teeth cleaning in about 6 months... ugh- I'm not looking forward to that bill. But theirs isn't bad so hopefully it'll just be routine!

Status
Not open for further replies.