• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mr Peepers is ANGRY

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
He's sitting beside the cage door closest to me and peeping very very loudly in anger at me because I removed his seed dish and replaced it with a dish of crushed pellets. :eek: :D

He is not amused. I replaced the dish 20 mins ago and he's "LOUDLY PEEPED" at me non stop since then!)

He's eaten fresh shaved carrots broccoli tips and cous cous as well as dug into seeds all morning so I doubt he will starve due to my cruel actions. I wonder when he will check out the evil pellets and SHUT UP! :rofl:

He can't peep and eat at the same time. :)

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
But you know, he is a bird, and that is always like...
Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.
Eloy can be loud and eat at the same time. :( :wideyed: :rolleyes: :p

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Don't be holding your breath now - some fids have proven to be way more stubborn than their parronts (us).

Newbie GCC

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
Roma talks with his mouth full.....just saying........ :lol:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Jason can talk, eat, and swing around upside down with one foot ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
So far no go with him doing anything except complain in an angry manner about the switcheroo and my trying to kill him with pellets.

A friend was here the other day and watched when I removed a chunk of corn on the cob from MP's cage... Mr Peeper was furious and raced around his cage peeping in anger for 30 mins. My friend said, "don't ever ask me to come feed these guys when you go away..... I would die if I had to listen to this tiny bird try and control me with all this complaining." :rofl:

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
But you know, he is a bird, and that is always like...
Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.
Eloy can be loud and eat at the same time. :( :wideyed: :rolleyes: :p
DAMN SMART ALEC BIRD! :laugh:

Roma talks with his mouth full.....just saying........ :lol:
:hehe: What does he say? "MORE GIMME MORE PLEASE?"

Jason can talk, eat, and swing around upside down with one foot ALL AT THE SAME TIME.
Sign him up for America's Birds got Talent. :D

I'm doomed here he won't give me a break. I am thinking about putting in ear plugs.

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I hate to say it but he is probably hungry and is going to keep chirping until he sees seeds. I tried to do that with my first tiel and a different pellet configuration and she screamed for an entire day and didn't eat. I would weigh him daily if you are not going to add seeds to make sure he is eating something. The problem is that if some canaries don't even recognize that pellets are food.

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
I hate to say it but he is probably hungry and is going to keep chirping until he sees seeds. I tried to do that with my first tiel and a different pellet configuration and she screamed for an entire day and didn't eat. I would weigh him daily if you are not going to add seeds to make sure he is eating something. The problem is that if some canaries don't even recognize that pellets are food.
He's already eaten seeds all day as well as fresh raw veg and cous cous which I took away an hour ago and replaced all dishes with just pellets so he's not starving or hungry he's just being a pain about not seeing his seed dish and what he knows or thinks he knows should be there.

I'll replace the seeds in 10 mins.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
He's already eaten seeds all day as well as fresh raw veg and cous cous which I took away an hour ago and replaced all dishes with just pellets so he's not starving or hungry he's just being a pain about not seeing his seed dish and what he knows or thinks he knows should be there.

Who is training who :p

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa

I figured but it is the OCD in me to remind people to weigh their birds when changing diets. :heart: