• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mr Bubbles learns to step up!

bicmeister

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Bichlien
Just a quick update on Mr Bubbles: his favorite treat is sunflower seeds. he has been eating some birdie bread. i'm starting the seed to pellet to mash conversion.

anyhow, he is such a good boy. it took me about 24 hr (last evening to this evening) to teach him to step up. he isn't 100% there yet, but he is such a quick learner and highly food motivated (unlike Chaucer).

here's a video of the cutie (sorry the music is on in the background...i'm trying to drown out my downstairs neighbors who have decided to have a large loud party on a Monday night! i guess they should never ever complain about my birds...

[video=youtube;xmZWVaZ7qeM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmZWVaZ7qeM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
What a doll! Way to go Bubbles!

juliashmulia

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Julia
He is so cute! Yay for stepping up! :D

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
he is gorgeous!

Reeny

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Maureen
What a smart birdie!!

Katster

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Way to go cutie ;)

Sent from my iPhone

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
What an amazing accomplishment in so short a time. Well done both of you.,:heart:

bicmeister

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Bichlien
hmmm McBubs is a quick learner....soon he'll be flight recalling

[video=youtube;m0Dn9YTgYco]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Dn9YTgYco&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Wow wow! He's amazing! I like his nickname McBubs! You a professional trainer? Ever work in the circus? You have talent! You could be go in' places! :D:D:D

bicmeister

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Bichlien
Wow wow! He's amazing! I like his nickname McBubs! You a professional trainer? Ever work in the circus? You have talent! You could be go in' places! :D:D:D
i'm no trainer...it took me a whole year before Chaucer knew have to land on me. :) it just appears that McBubs reallly reallly wants his sunflower seed (I think Gerald came up with the nickname)

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
This is awesome. •It is so exciting when they get the message. •On your next tries click sooner as that would be clicking the step up rather than on the hand. •Your rewards are great with food treat and verbal praise. •Once he gets it then stop using the clicker. •Good job mom! •and a very handsome student.

bicmeister

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Bichlien
This is awesome. •It is so exciting when they get the message. •On your next tries click sooner as that would be clicking the step up rather than on the hand. •Your rewards are great with food treat and verbal praise. •Once he gets it then stop using the clicker. •Good job mom! •and a very handsome student.
omg Peggy...thanks! I do sometimes click a little bit late. i just rewatched some videos and noticed that...will click sooner :)

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
duplicate

Last edited:

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
LOL. •My trainer would always say "what are you trying to click!" •Our dogs race in flyball and we try shaving off hundreths of seconds to improve racing times. •I learned a lot about timing AND how to really break things down into small steps. •Along with that the numerous animal seminars strengthened that training.

Polish Owczarek Nizziny • • • •North American Flyball Association | Notice: Undefined variable: pageTitle in /home/nafaflyb/public_html/database/report_titles_each_breed.php on line 92 • My dog Girl was number one of her breed doing the sport of flyball. •She was small for her breed and she had the fastest time of her breed doing the sport. •She loved this sport. •Once they race that behavior is set and if it was done wrong you need to go back and fix the problem. •Clicker was very handy at this time and you had to be quick. •We did this for quite a few years. •Girl was 18 months when I got her. •She was at the breeder, sold, people didn't train this strong minded breed and she had issues and so back to the breeder. •she then came home with me and was my love until her passing. •She loved the birds, knew she had to have a toy in her mouth if she was any where near them and every day she got up and went and checked on every bird (18 at our max...I rehabed large macaws and had quite a few personal birds)

Soooooo, I think you are doing a great job and just keep on doing what you do and your bird is the winner.

bicmeister

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Bichlien
LOL. •My trainer would always say "what are you trying to click!" •Our dogs race in flyball and we try shaving off hundreths of seconds to improve racing times. •I learned a lot about timing AND how to really break things down into small steps. •Along with that the numerous animal seminars strengthened that training.
:omg: !!

Sauly

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jonathan
Clicker training is a great technique! I've used one since my GCC was a baby duck! Works great!

sauly