• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Move cages around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Do you guys ever do this?:huh: Someone asked me if I do that at times and I said no.:huh:

I kind of like the way thinks are and how they look at the moment.:D

Lex123

Rollerblading along the road
I move KeeWee's cage around my room all the time. Like once a week! It is fine if you keep things the way they are, it won't matter!

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
yes I am the same:):)

Alex

Take a stroll down the Avenue!
I dont do it often, but now that birds have their own room i might....i like how things are placed. might be good to give changes to the views of the window or something like that haha

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
I don't. There are some birds I can't put next to each other, because if next to each other, although they are in a cage, they would be too much on edge.

I might do a move - logistically, it would be good if I moved Piper's cage on the other side of the room for best use of space but whether or not I'd move everyone else as well to keep cage neighbours is something I have to sort out..

Merlie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Nope .. each cage has a specific location for a specific reason .. if it ain't broke, don't need to fix it.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Nope .. each cage has a specific location for a specific reason .. if it ain't broke, don't need to fix it.
I knew dollars to DOUGHNUTS that you were going to say something along those lines!:hehe:

Tielygirl

Avenue Veteran
I do. every couple of months just to keep things interesting around here. I have also found that they can be more accepting to changes when I do this.

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
I move the cages around in the bird room all the time. I have yet to find that 'perfect' fit. My guys seem to enjoy the change up, they get a change of scenery, a different bird next to them to chat with, and I think it helps them adapt to change easier. For me it's also kind of like rotating toys, making something old new and exciting.

yvette

Real Name
Yvette
I move the cage around every couple of months. Ozzie doesnt seem to mind at all. I have done this since he came to me. He adjusts well for a grey!
I also change the furniture around a lot too!!!

Robin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Robin
Nope. That's why I have 9 cages for 3 birds so I don't have to. :hehe:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Every once in a while when the mood strikes me I do. They seem to really like it.

love4birds

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
I usually only move the cages around when I'm A) really tired of the current setup and it's bothering me or B) I'm in a cleaning frenzy and have a burst of cage-moving inspiration.

The cages have been in their current spots for a couple months and it'll probably stay that way until we get Peaches a new cage.

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
I do it sometimes, probably 2x a year but my fids don't like their cage placement to be changed. Sammy has a hard time dealing with it and gets nervous if I rearrange or move her cage. I don't really like to move them either. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.