• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Moths? I have the solution...

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Rebel Rogue the month muncher!

Both poms came down with autoimmune meningitis for those that missed it. I should have bought lotto tickets at the time given the rarity of two dogs. Still worry it's something environmental. Our other two dogs so far seem okay.

She, so far *knocking on wood*, has only had the one Cytosar treatment and seems to be doing well. She is a wee bit fragile with her head and house breaking has gone out the door...well I wish it would. Company investment in paper towels. She gets prednisone, atopica, keppra and gabapentin.

Piper isn't doing so well. She is getting Cytosar treatments every four weeks. They keep saying there isn't any improvement but it could take a year or more...oiy and $300 a pop with an almost 2 hour drive each way. Hubby leaves early in the morning, drops her off since it takes about five hours for the IV. But the meds have made her so obese that she has a hard time breathing when laying down. She is normally 4lbs 13 ounces and now weighs 8 lbs. We switched to controlled feeding times but good gravy. Piper is on prednisone, atopica and huge doses of keppra. And I thought medicating the birds was something. The dogs get meds at 5am (no food two hours before or after, 7am, 3pm, 5pm (no food), 7pm and 10pm.

But anywho...Rogue is available for moth munching since she is a starving pooch from food control. Okay she probably would have eaten them anyway. And is it bad I really want to add arms to the stick person on her butt?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry about the meningitis and hope all will be well with the Poms! Sending positive thoughts for them.