1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Morning wake up noise.

Discussion in 'Behavior Byway' started by Brett4769, 11/9/18 at 10:26 AM.

1. Brett4769

Brett4769 Moving in

Hi, I have to wake upango about a half hour b4 daylight here in Hawaii so I can go to work. He will make all kind of noises almost all the noises he's able to make, even a screatch or two. He acts like he wants out of the cage. I go to get him out but he won't. I feel he's trying to tell me something he wants. He has new food etc. Is it just saying good morning or what is he doing? Aloha, Brett n Mango

Tiel Feathers and SandraK like this.
  2. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Michelle
    My cockatoo talks a lot first thing in the morning too. I just took it as that's how he likes to start his day.

Brett4769 likes this.
  3. SandraK

SandraK Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Sandra
    Maybe check-in with @tattoosiva who also lives in HI and has 4gccs. He might be able to give you some insight.

sunnysmom likes this.
  4. tattoosiva

tattoosiva Rollerblading along the road Avenue Veteran

He is basicly saying "Hi! Hi! Your awake!! look at the big morning dookie i made!! Making noise is fun!! Do i have your attention? Ok, hi again!

Your awake, he's awake, he loves you, nothing more then that.

5. Mizzely

Mizzely Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor BINGO CHAMPION

Shawna
    It's flock behavior :) When birds wake up in the morning they sound off to greet the sun, make sure everyone made it through the night, and just to have fun! Calling in the morning is extremely normal and he's just making sure you are alive

6. geff

geff Strolling the yard Avenue Veteran

Geoff
    Here in the UK we call it the "Dawn Chorus " for the native birdlife, but it applies to the non native species as well.
    I love it. Sort of the best way to start the day.
    If you are not a fan , maybe blackout window curtains or something similar. But it's a natural behaviour process.

SandraK likes this.
  7. Brett4769

Brett4769 Moving in

Thank you all for the great information! Aloha ,Brett n Mango

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)