• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

more vet bills . . .

solo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
jess
so last time i went to the vet they tested Ike for mites etc. as the symptoms for air sac mites are the same as a respiratory infection and it would explain why it kept coming back so quickly ... well he tested positive :eek: so all 4 of the fids had to go to the vet today for treatment because the share a living space :bash: i wouldn't mind but every time i think i can almost get the budgies a cage upgrade the funds disappear and i have to start again and in 10 days time they all have to go back for round 2 *sigh* the many joys of parrot owning :hehe:

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
I hear you :hug8:

I hope things settle down for awhile and everyone is ok.

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
Oh Jess, that really sucks!! ya poor kid..I know how you feel hon. If I had all the
money I have spent on all of the animals I've had in my life I could probably have
retired by now...:rolleyes:...BUT~~ I would do all over again with great pleasure as the
have all brought me...hope your fids feel better soon honey..:hug8:

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
That's definitely frustating. But the most important thing is their health, and seems like you are homing in on that now. Got your priorities straight.

solo

Real Name
jess
and the thing is , unless it is an emergency and i'm completely broke my parent won't contribute a cent:huh: because i wanted pets so they are my financial responsibility :rolleyes: so to pay for this last round i sold my ticket to a 4 day music festival that i was pretty excited about :shrug3: but i needed the money more then i wanted to go ...

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
and the thing is , unless it is an emergency and i'm completely broke my parent won't contribute a cent:huh: because i wanted pets so they are my financial responsibility :rolleyes: so to pay for this last round i sold my ticket to a 4 day music festival that i was pretty excited about :shrug3: but i needed the money more then i wanted to go ...
It was worth it..I would of done the very same thing Jess..
;)

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Sorry, but your taking care of them shows your commitment and resposibility, and that is to be commended. I hope theyre all feeling better, and. :hug8:

Debbie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Debbie
Yes, part of having animals...those vet bills....good for you for making the right decision. Hope they are all better soon!

solo

Real Name
jess
i can already seen an improvement in Ike this morning :dance4::dance5: