• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Monkey see....monkey do.....bananas

Status
Not open for further replies.

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Do your birds like banana's?Hiram detests them. For years I've been trying to get him to eat them.It's a no go each time.So this morning I'm at my computer sitting on my desk chair.And his royal green -ness is watching me from his door.I'm eating a banana and he's just chriping away.:dance4:His baby begging sounds.:DI take a teeny tiny piece and he eats it.:eek:So then I offer him a few more tiny little pieces and down the hatch they go.:lol:I still can't believe he ate some.Anyway hes off on his play area and bananas are once again a thing forgotten.:lol:

Last edited:

jerseybella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
dawn
Nope, they are NOT liked here. They are actually afraid of them:eek: Silly birds, they don't know what they are missing

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
I am so glad to hear about Hiram:hehe: I missed you. :hug8::hug8::hug8:

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
LOL! My fids can't stand bananas and they're scared of them too- they'll only eat them if they're mashed in birdy bread/bean mix

brdfvr

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Krystal
both of my birds are scared of banannas too. Especially the scardy Pionus.

seharley

Moving in
Real Name
Susan Harley
My birdie LOVES banana pieces. But he's scared of a lot of other stuff. You never know, huh?

QP4CAG

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lindsay
:dance4::dance4::dance4:.....sorry, couldn't resist the dancing bananna....same here, fids LOATHE them...i was eating one one time and had ross on my shoulder. Well everytime I took a bite, he'd nip me!:eek: So i thought, maybe he wanted a bite....BOY WAS I WRONG!!! He didn't want them, and he didn't want his mommy wanting them either!!! He'll fight off ANY bananna for his momma:rpg3:

Shyra

Avenue Spotlight Award
I find it interesting when my birds all like or dislike the same foods considering they were got at different ages and from different backgrounds. All of mine hate fresh bananas but love the dried and freeze dried slices. Makes no sense. :confused:

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Missed you too Denise hugs.......Wonder what it is about bananas?Alot of parrots seem to not care for them..hmmmm:confused:

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
My conure is the only one that likes bananas here!

65sunnyday

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
My sun conure Nicky HATES them. If I offer a bite, he leans as far away from them as he can get.

Kermit

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jacque
my IRN, LSC2, and 2 GCC's love banana! if i'm eating one i'm required to share.

linnie and budgies think their gross. OWA loves dried banana's but thinks fresh ones are nasty

Status
Not open for further replies.