1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Missing Rosebreasted Cockatoo

Discussion in 'The Highway Home' started by Kuzey, 8/1/19.

1. Sarahmoluccan

Sarahmoluccan Biking along the boulevard Super Moderator Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award

Sarah
    I'm so glad you got Money back!! :loveshower:

Kuzey likes this.
  2. GoDucks

GoDucks Sitting on the front steps

Jamie
    I have been following this thread with baited breath and I am thrilled to read of a very happy ending regarding your feather pal.

Kuzey likes this.
  3. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

It's great that Money was found and is now with you again.

GoDucks and Kuzey like this.
  4. Kuzey

Kuzey Sitting on the front steps

Kuzey
    @greys4u I did ask about it. She sounded skeptical about it but I will get then microchipped for sure. They don’t have leg bands so i need a proof of ownership.

Kiwi's Mom likes this.
  5. finchly

finchly Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Finchly
    @Kuzey I'm sure your birds benefit from the flying. I do my best to let mine fly — around the house mostly, around the pool area more often. But mine are smaller so that works.

Good that you can see a few things you can tweak, as far as the whole experience goes. Sounds like you can fix the problem easily.

Kuzey likes this.
  6. Kuzey

Kuzey
    @finchly that’s great. I agree. I think small birds are easier to train.

I just did a recall training at Central Park baseball field with my sun conure Nikki! He did a good job! As soon as I noticed he was getting distracted, I listened to my gut and put him in a cage even though he wanted to stay out.

finchly and Dartman like this.
  7. finchly

finchly Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Finchly
    So - do you recall with them first indoors? Then move outdoors? Or what.

8. Kuzey

Kuzey
    @finchly I start recall training indoor first. I do recall straight from perch, from floor to me, from floor to high up at multiple ascending angles (I stand on a chair or ladder, first with a distance from them where the angle for ascending is low then move the chair close to them to increase the angle for ascending; from high to low with multiple descending angles (put them on cabinets or curtain rods and ask them to fly down), and recall from a different room when they cant see me. Once their recall is solid and they respond 90% of the time then I feel comfortable doing it outdoor.

When I do recall outdoor, its similar to indoor but I also put them on a tree and ask them to fly back to me.

This is the second time I flew them at the Central Park

Last edited: 8/13/19 at 9:39 PM

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)