• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mini Macaw Enclosure Help

BleuCas

Moving in
Real Name
Caspian Jean
Hey everyone,

So, I've recently decided to purchase an Illiger's Macaw from an aviary in Texas, but I have recently found an issue. I can't find a cage that fits my needs on a reputable website. I don't want to purchase a cage from a sketchy website with prices so high I'm unable to afford them. I would like an indoor aviary; it's just a preference I have. Of course, I want to provide the largest enclosure I can even though my bird will be out for as long as possible. They'll have their own room, but I still need an enclosure since I can't make the room entirely bird-proof. I have found a few, but they don't seem to be from websites that look okay to purchase from. My budget is up to $1.5k USD. I can go a bit over if necessary. Could you guys maybe help me find one? I'm not used to this website and actually usually use Birds Amino! Sorry if this is the wrong thread, I don't usually use threads/forums 'n stuff.

- Bleu

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Here's a good website with aviaries and double cages in your price range:

RockyP

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Rocky
Hey everyone,

So, I've recently decided to purchase an Illiger's Macaw from an aviary in Texas, but I have recently found an issue. I can't find a cage that fits my needs on a reputable website. I don't want to purchase a cage from a sketchy website with prices so high I'm unable to afford them. I would like an indoor aviary; it's just a preference I have. Of course, I want to provide the largest enclosure I can even though my bird will be out for as long as possible. They'll have their own room, but I still need an enclosure since I can't make the room entirely bird-proof. I have found a few, but they don't seem to be from websites that look okay to purchase from. My budget is up to $1.5k USD. I can go a bit over if necessary. Could you guys maybe help me find one? I'm not used to this website and actually usually use Birds Amino! Sorry if this is the wrong thread, I don't usually use threads/forums 'n stuff.

- Bleu
Which aviary has baby Illiger's macaw?

RockyP

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Rocky
Hey everyone,

- Bleu
Which aviary in TX did you find your Illigers?