• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Milton's shower...

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Milty enjoyed his shower this morning...as usual. He flipped over with is wings out while swinging upside down on my hand- a bit pinchy for me, but he enjoyed it.
Afterwards I was drying myself off while Milt was doing his vocalizations..."I WET....YOU WET...WE BOTH WET...REAL WET", normal stuff for him. When I told him I was dry, he began shaking himself and said "I REALLY WET". I said that he'd be dry soon.
After I came back from my doctor visit, I let Milty out of his cage for some cuddles. I told him his shower made him look nice to which he replied, "I NOT WET I A DRY BIRD"... :)

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
:heart: :lol: Was that before or after the tail shake?..oh Milty...you really are spoiled. .Elvis agrees..

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
So smart, that boy is. :heart:
It's the first time I've heard him use the word "DRY". Even my wife, who heard the whole thing said, "Did he just say what I thought he said?"

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
love Milty stories!

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I share your Milty stories with my family. We all love them, he is so cute and amazing!
:coffeescreen:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Well you told him that you were dry and that he would be dry soon. So he connected the dots in his brilliant birdy mind.

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
Milton's ability to put words into context is amazing....and scary

I am thinking about his rants about the guinea pig.....he actually knows what he is saying

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I know I say this every time you post about Milton, but he really is a bird genius. I think your family needs to road trip to Pittsburgh with Milton so I can meet him! :D

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Well you told him that you were dry and that he would be dry soon. So he connected the dots in his brilliant birdy mind.
That's the thing that constantly gets me...how quickly he puts concepts together-and comes back in correct context. I have thought about getting in contact with someone who works in the study of avian intellegence to talk about Milty. I have a feeling
that they would want to study him, but there's no way I would ever give him up.
I know I say this every time you post about Milton, but he really is a bird genius. I think your family needs to road trip to Pittsburgh with Milton so I can meet him! :D
You never know- one thing- If we come to visit, we've got to meet Sunny! :)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
You never know- one thing- If we come to visit, we've got to meet Sunny! :)
We would love that! I wonder if it would be love at first sight for Sunny if he saw Milton or sheer terror. He's never seen a bird that big before let alone one that talked. Maybe Milton could teach him how. ;)

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
A very special bird! :heart: :lol:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
We would love that! I wonder if it would be love at first sight for Sunny if he saw Milton or sheer terror. He's never seen a bird that big before let alone one that talked. Maybe Milton could teach him how. ;)
Milty's always been neutral towards other birds, so I'd think Sunny would be fine. :) As for teaching him to talk, be careful what you wish for...Mocha Tiel learned how to say "EAT A PIG" from Milty... ;) :)

ConureTiel

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Milton is indeed a wonder. It would be great if you could compile a few of your anecdotes and observations and run them by someone like Irene Pepperberg, as you said.

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
Please write a book....bird owners and nonbird owners alike can learn from Milton's intelligence

It must be so hard though as one has to be very careful about what one says around Milton