• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Memphis, TN area help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

impala400

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Yvonne
My sister's B&G flew out the door last night and she has been desperately searching since then. She has food and a stand outside and has called local vets and rescues, talked to the neighbors, and is putting up flyers. The weather is cold and it snowed 5 inches yesterday. If anyone is in the area and is able or willing to help, or has found, or knows someone who found a b&g, please pm me and I will pass on her information. Please keep my sister and Cecilia (b&g) in your thoughts and prayers so that Cecilia is able to come home where she belongs.

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
What part of the Memphis area?
Has she notified people in her area?
Please give us some more info so we can help here and also if you would like, we can put on our FB page for people....I wouldn't put on the contact info unless them IM me personally...
...if it has a band...don't give out that info! Keep that to help her ID the bird once found!...:hug8:

impala400

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Yvonne
What part of the Memphis area?
Has she notified people in her area?
Please give us some more info so we can help here and also if you would like, we can put on our FB page for people....I wouldn't put on the contact info unless them IM me personally...
...if it has a band...don't give out that info! Keep that to help her ID the bird once found!...:hug8:
She is in the Bartlett area of Memphis, off of Whitten.
Yes, she has been contacting vets/rescues and has an ad on craigslist, kiijii, and 911 parrot alert. Patrick, who is a member here also, and who is also a close friend of hers is helping her too. That would be wonderful if you could put it on the facebook page. She does have a band number (I told her to keep it to herself) so she'll be able to identify her. Thank you so much.:hug8:

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Have put info on my facebook page on where bird /type was lost...and asked for others to post to their wall in hopes of getting the word out!
Please keep us updated...Normally, he shouldn't be that far away if he flew out at dusk last night....can she do a grid of 1 mile with people helping her???? Is there a radio show that has call ins to it she could talk to????:hug8:

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
Will be praying that she is found soon! Will also cross post it on my FB wall. let me know if I can help in any way, please as I'm in the Memphis area also

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
p raying that she is found soon!!

Deej

Real Name
Deena
Posted it to my facebook also. I stole the post from BF hope you don't mind. :o: Come home big girl. :(

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sending good thoughts and hopes for the best. :angel1:

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
sending prayers she finds her bird.

impala400

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Yvonne
Thank you everyone who is cross posting information and offering help. My sister is a wreck right now and thankfully has a lot of support around her. I know she appreciates everyone's help and support. Cecilia has not been spotted since last night when she was in a tree and then flew off. The temperature was in the teens last night and has not gotten above 30 today and Iris is rapidly losing hope. Posters and flyers are being posted and the local shelters, vets, and rescues have been notified. I will be talking to her soon and suggesting the call-in radio suggestion. Please keep the positive energy, prayers, and good thoughts coming.

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Keeping the POSITIVE ENERGY coming!:hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Aww...sending positive energy she is found safe and sound.:hug8:

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Oh no...I wish I was closer to help.....I will keep you sister and Cecilia in my prayers tonight.

Greycloud

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I talked to Patrick earlier. He asked me to cross post. I have posted on 4 other forums. Sending prayers your way that she is found!

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Praying that she is found.

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Can she contact the non-emergency police #. Cops are always driving around and I'm sure there would be a good shot at them seeing a big macaw.

impala400

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Yvonne
Thanks everyone. No update but my sister's still hanging in there.
Can she contact the non-emergency police #. Cops are always driving around and I'm sure there would be a good shot at them seeing a big macaw.
Great idea! I'll pass it along.

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
cross posted it on my FB wall and my FB friends in Memphis cross posted again. Keep us posted and I'm continuing to pray

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Sending over many prayers and positive thoughts that she finds her sweet baby... :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.