• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Meet Chiquitta.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

platinum

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Sharon
Unfortunately, we don't have much in the way of used cages around. :( Or my budgies would have a cage like Kismet's.

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Yes, local pet stores are charging insane prices for cheap, small cages so we started looking on kijiji and have found a couple we are interested in but we are still looking at a couple hundred dollars for something smaller than I would ideally have her in. Thanks platinum, but we are on our way to see something 25 x 25 rigt now....I will keep you posted.

HeatherM74

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Heather
Aw, that poor little thing! Kim, have I ever told you that you're a sweetheart? If not, you are! I'm so glad you got her and will give her a life she deserves!

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Alright, so unfortunatly we have STILL not been able to find a cage :( Everything we saw today was either rusted, tiny, over priced or inadequate in some other way. And I cant believe how sad it was, going to house after house viewing used cages that I found unfit for a tiel and people were telling me they kept thier Grey in it, or thier Goffins Too......one guy even said his IRN escaped out a window THIS MORNING and the wife already put the cage up for sale and they arent even looking for him!!! It was sized alright but to rusted and had no bottom - it was just carboard!

Anyways, In good news, Chiquitta is doing SUPER!!
We let her out of her cage, and she is incredibly tame, and even lets the girls scritch her.....and her eyes rolls back in her head and she leans into it! LOL She is 100 times more friendly than Pru! LOL

....and so the cage hunt continues!
I will post pics later.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Im sorry you didnt find a cage,but what an awesome suprise that she is tame,thats wonderful:)

Jally

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
She's beautiful! She looks a lot like my Evie :D Evie's favoriye toy is a sting of beads. Bless your heart for taking her home. :hug8:

1parakeet

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessyca
aww, poor baby. :C She's really pretty. It's a good thing that you picked her up. I can't believe they pretty much abandoned her!

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Im sad for her last nine years, but happy we could give her a home.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I missed this yesterday. Congrats to you on the new birdie and congrats to Chiquitta on landing in a wonderful new home!

Ziggymon

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Heidrun, or Mouse
I am so happy for her, and for all of you. :heart:

chief5feathers

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lisa
:Congratwav:Chiquitta is beautiful!!! It is so wonderful that she is tame already! Your girls are going to love her!!! And Chiquitta is very lucky to have finally found a loving home.

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
:omg: I missed this yesterday! What is WRONG with people, treating such a darling like that???

Thank you SOOO much for rescuing her, I can't believe that she's so tame after such a horrible life, she must be such a natural sweetheart!:heart:

I'm really happy for you and your girls, and especially for Chiquitta!!!

I hope the eyes turn out to be an easily treated issue and will heal quickly

:hug8::hug8::hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.