• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Me and Honey

SwaggyCake

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Hayden
I have had my pet cockatiel Honey for about 2 years and while she lets me pet her occasionally (I try to only pet her on her head she seems very uncomfortable being touched anywhere else which if I did my research is pretty normal for cockatiels I believe) but she tries to bite at my lips hair headset etc (the facial hair hurts sm) I don't like putting her in the cage when I am home ever but I don't know how to curb the biting or if this is just life now (which it has been for 2 years whenever it starts overwhelming me i have sensory issues i put her in her cage but she makes noises at me and it makes me so sad and guilty) also side note she will only eat her pellets no millet no fruits no veggies I've tried a lot and always end up giving up because she would rather attack the food than eat the food. I feel like I'm being girl bossed gaslight and gatekeeped by my Bird

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Welcome to the Avenue.
There are quite a few cockatiel owners on here who may be able to offer some advice.
I think we all become maids, servants, slaves, and cleaners to our flocks lol

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Welcome to the Avenue :hiya:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome, and enjoy the site!

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I feel like I'm being girl bossed gaslight and gatekeeped by my Bird
Bird ownership in a nutshell :laughin:

My tiel loves him some head scritches, and that is it. I cannot touch him anywhere else or he bites the crap out of me. I can't kiss him, he bites me. He bites my nose rings. He bites my lip rings (he REALLY tugs that one). He gets tired of me rubbing his head and bites my fingers. I try to chase him off my food, he tries to bite. But he's never tried to actively hurt me, they're all just "warning" bites. I think he could probably hurt me if he intended to

He also eats zero veg. Although a few days ago I did manage to get him to nibble some iceberg lettuce by pretending I was eating it for lunch and he couldn't have it. So maybe try that?

Either way, hello and welcome to the site!:hello1:

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
:welcomesign:

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month