• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mazuri Zuelife low iron concern

suzie

Moving in
Real Name
suzanne
Hello Toucan lovers, need your help,

Has anyone noticed a difference in the mazuri pellets? Received an order in early Oct. 2013, opened it a few days ago. Dino, curi-crested aracari won't eat the pellets. Never had a problem before. I add a little water to make it soft. All he does is pick it up and either throws or drops it on the cage floor.The pellets seem to be darker & harder then the pellets I have been getting for over a year. Just want to make sure I am not the only one that is having a problem with the pellets. If we are, we need to contact the company. Please let me know.

suzie :cautious:

staryberry

Meeting neighbors
We haven't bought pellets in a while, but it sounds like you should contact Mazuri. Maybe your batch just got a bit overcooked.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I would contact them regardless if other people have had issues or not.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Hmm I have not had this issue, but I would definitely call.

MAZURI

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Diana Van Leuven
We wanted to let you all know that MAZURI is always interested in feedback on our products. If there seems to be a difference in consumption of a particular batch of feed please contact us directly with information about the product. Most importantly, we need to know the manufacturer date which is printed on the bag in a day month year format, so we can evaluate that batch. We also will need to know where the food was bought. Please feel to contact us via info@mazuri.com or by calling our 1-800-227-8941. Thank you!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Welcome Mazuri. :hug8: How wonderful of you to join and give us your input.
My mousebird and aracari eat the low iron pellets. We have never had any issues.

echocharlie

Meeting neighbors
Wow, how very cool for you, Mazuri, to make your presence known! If we weren't already feeding your low-iron pellets to our little aracari I would definitely consider switching ;)

Hope everything has been sorted to your liking Suzi! :)

suzie

Moving in
Real Name
suzanne
Have submitted info. to Mazuri on the bags I have received. Waiting to hear from them.